or Connect

Posts by Lorcan7

In some cultures / periods of history it was super fashionable to be fat as it showed you were wealthy enough to afford lots of food (ancient Egypt circa 1350 BC for example).  I'm sure you could argue that on some planets where food is relatively scarce (Jakku for example) this could happen (LOL).  Semi-related: I only realized Simon Pegg was the ugly alien dude on Jakku well after the credits rolled.   I agree with a lot of his review. Actually he reminded me of a lot...
 They explained this away in the Expanded Universe / additional media that one of the special features of Darth's Modified Tie-fighter is that it has a hyperdrive unlike the regular Tie's. I had one of those vehicle cross-section books for the original trilogy as a kid where they delved into all that stuff  Personally I always assumed Poe had survived somehow and would appear again later in the film, and found this easier to swallow than some of the other plotting / pacing...
 Yeah, I hear you. But that is also  what I meant when I said his character is set from the beginning - the breaking point for Finn is in the very first scene, we get to see maybe a few seconds of him behaving as a 'normal' stormtrooper before he realizes this isn't for him and that he'll have to ultimately escape/betray the First Order. Compare that to Luke in ANH (who fills the everyman Joe Sixpack role, much as Finn does in TFA).  At first to Obi Wan, Luke's like "the...
 Hmm maybe, but he hasn't met Rey at that point, no?  Or was even aware of her existence.  If he met Rey and then was like 'screw this First Order crap' then yeah fair enough. Also if Captain Phasma is any indication the First Order was not without a female presence.  Unless you're suggesting he had eyes for the dashing Mr Poe?  I probably should have just written a Haiku review now you mention it.
Finally saw it last night and found my way here via Jasper's review (which I pretty much agreed with) Some assorted impressions:  [[SPOILER]]
I think you should dye your hair to match, Stanley. (5)   Diniro looking great (as always).   Happy holidays everyone !
 The parka (much as vintage m-51 parka's do) has dropped shoulders - they're supposed to be like that.  Even an XS is over 19 inches shoulder to shoulder so unless you're typically a L and decide to wear an XS the seams aren't going to line up on your shoulders (and it would look bad if you did that - the sleeves would be too short apart from anything else). I think @ericleavitt looks just fine in the parka. I'd actually prefer to see it with one less layer underneath so...
Yeah I say go for it, try Medium Format.   I have an XA but its not working atm .  Thought at first it was just the light seals but seems its more than that, not sure its fixable. They're really neat little cameras though.
Undercover 25 year retrospective at Tokyo Opera City (Pics via Haven)