or Connect

Posts by Lorcan7

Yeah interesting point. Its something I do. I think I posted a fit about a month back with denim shirt + white jeans. My shirt is a few shades lighter (but started out a similar color to yours and has just been worn/washed a lot). If you want to try lower contrast, which is very popular in SW&D, you could try navy pants, or those charcoal coloured jeans you posted a while back. For full on matchy monochrome you could think about pairing denim with indigo in different...
To elaborate a little more on the thought process (which may be helpful) the 'fog' bedford cord is maybe a little softer in tone and more trad than a full on white denim jean (although white jeans can be good, though good in maybe a trashy way) and although they are still marked 32/34 the inseam on them is actually a little shorter, optimal for Lorcan-style slightly-short-jeans-with-small-cuff-over-ankle-boots. I'm an outlier there though - most guys on SW&D probably err...
Yeah its fine, everything fits OK.   Its hard to do double denim really well. I guess guys like UrbanComposition and gnatty8 look natural doing it.   I'd go for footwear in a lighter color (sand / tan suede boots?).  I also think it will look better after both shirt and jeans are a little more worn in.   Alternately, (if it was me) you could try something like these, with the same shirt, and boots more like this? Just throwing out ideas!
 Ahh that's interesting! The wool on my windowpane one snags quite easily against other fabrics so I found it hard to finesse I guess, as well as being a little thicker.
 I've tried to wear my shawl like this and it didn't really work. The shawl kinda bunches up around the armhole ( but won't really fit down the sleeves) and around the neck under the jacket collar. It sort of looked plausible as styling but didn't actually feel right at all. I guess with a lighter shawl (cotton flannel?) it might work slightly better.
Any ETA on the FW15 7-hole boots?
 You tried to claim it was a more unique design than a moto or DR which is a dubious claim (as Fok points out). Even aside from making wild assumptions about as yet unrevealed designs.   She's not even fully vegan, just doesn't like the idea of wearing a jacket made of dead animal. Although she still owns leather shoes.  Go figure.
^ my sister has an H&M one. Non leather though (she's vegetarian).   I think its a more popular style on the women's side. Balenciaga did one (worn by Kristen Stewart and other celeb types) that probably helped encourage the high street brands to knock them out. Balenciaga has done a men's one too. IIRC when Drew re-released the bcdr he showed the women's version first, with some pics of it modeled by some Korean chick. I wouldn't be surprised if he was eyeing up the...
 No, Drew didn't invent the quilted band collar double rider either. The Lewis Leathers super Monza would be one example (introduced in the 1970s), though I'm sure there are probably others. Nor is ToJ the only brand to make an iteration in suede (Blackmeans has done one in black suede for example).