or Connect

Posts by Lorcan7

aaahh ok. Hadn't seen those CPs, I had in mind something different I guess.
Quote: Comme des Garcons had a runway show back in the mid 2000s that had lots of pink Vans-alike sneakers (and lots of pink generally) that was pretty cool (well, IMO). Pretty grunge / psychedelic styling. Actually I guess 90s nostalgia, grunge, gender bending are all pretty in now, which may help explain it.  
 yeah possibly true. I have some slip-ons on the way that will hopefully work for mysterious vibez. The sneakers are maybe more coherent in person because the tyvek on them is kinda wrinkly which looks interesting with the other textures.  [[SPOILER]]
  [[SPOILER]]
I've always felt APC denim in particular has a less comfortable hand to it than other raws i've owned, even after breaking in. I still like denim but I'm not ever buying/wearing APCs again.
 I think they are playing very safe - truckers, military jackets, tees etc. the womenswear too with dyed culotte-esque peasant trousers.  There's less creative reimagining compared to something like Needles Rebuild or By Walid (but the pricing is heading into similar territory). I too like the swiss parka, it makes me want to have another go at diy overdyeing a military jacket. The Vietnam-era BDU jacket I did a few years ago didn't quite come out as intended, although I...

To be fair the traditional Kyoto black dying technique is supposed to be special and give a deeper black. I think @Synthese (in reference to Jun Hashimoto) has mentioned it here before, although the article links he posted seem to be dead.  Not to say we haven't reached a ridiculous level of overpriced upcycle stuff on the market at this point (and brands trying to exploit Japanese-ness for cool points, of course)  but I'd like to hope their results are better than a...
Quote: You ignore the sweet girl-next-door coat and wait for the stunner, only be crushed at the last as it disappears with some asshole before you can reach checkout at sales time. Naturally the ship has long since sailed with the girl-next-door coat by then.  After drowning your sorrows in front of the Yoox, you wake up next to that weird but strangely alluring cross-eyed nerd with traintracks CdG fishnet coat, with little recollection of what happened other than you...
yeah rape, not the nicest of flowers but floral backdrop was too good to pass up