or Connect

Posts by Laurentius

These Cheaney Arthur III shoes are on the Cheaney 125 last and have been worn once (literally). I bought these originally on a buying spree, only to notice that I have already 4-5 pairs of black wingtips/brogues not seeing enough action.   Original box and dusters included. There are no issues with the shoes, they are just in the condition one would expect of new shoes, but worn for one day.   Shoes are located in Helsinki, Finland. Shipping will be at cost, depending...
I'm a new member on a slow sartorial learning curve, mostly reading threads and not posting at all. However, having developed a taste for and worked up a small collection of vintage watches I thought I might share pics of some of my watches.   Some people can spend ages selecting the tie for the day - I need a couple of mintues each morning choosing a timepiece for meeting the challenges and adventures of the day.   As you may notice, my preferences lean heavily...
I own three pairs and have mixed feelings on them. Firstly, they are the best-fitting and most comfortable shoes I've owned, hands down and no discussion. I wouldn't go so far as to bash the quality of the leather either - good beater quality and clearly better than they made them half a decade ago. The real problem is the price. The overall packacge just doesn't justify the 350€ or plus price tag on them. For that money you should be able to and can shop around for almost...
Hi,   I'm totally new to Styleforum and I'm trying to find the right thread for my question - this may be the best one?   Let's start with some appreciation: Got my first AE's preowned from ebay (sheltons) and I like the material and the feel of the sole against my foot. Maybe the Sheltons won't be my favourites as they looked better in pictures than live, but it's a learning curve for me. No doubt in my mind regarding the quality, I am an AE fan already....
Hi from Finland! I'm Laurentius - or Larry - and mainly a lurker and have been reading sites like styleforum during all the boring sales and other internal company meetings I need to attend. I'm 43 and being inspired from American Psycho I grabbed a lot of Brooks Brothers and Johston & Murphy when visiting the states in mid-90's and ever since that's been my style. I would love to be like Jack Nicholson in Chinatown, a Madmen, James Bond or any main character from a F....