or Connect

Posts by freelance robotics

I've got (more than) a couple DIY things I've done that I'll post later, but on the note of dyeing things, do you guys think it would be possible to do an overdye on a pair of khakis to take them from that sort of bland, standard khaki color to the nice yellow-gold color that some have? Or would that darken them up too much?
I actually like the cleaner white jeans on jackm's fit. Does need the proper roll on the pants like in the lookbook, but definitely lose the black shoes/bag. Tan bucks with a really good brick sole would've been better than the desert boots.
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira You were saying that girl jeans have high rises, they have very low rises... And fwiw 10.5-11 is mid, not high, rise Most chick's jeans are low rise, yeah, but it's also way easier to find a higher rise in girl's jeans than guys. And yeah, I guess mid is more accurate to what I was thinking. Something like the Imperial Shearers would be too extreme (although they're still awesome jeans).
I haven't heard what the 501 cut was like in the 80s. Any Levi's experts know? Possible he tapered them himself, too. I've heard that some of those guys did back in the day
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira High-rise refers to a high (large) rise measurement, not the position of the crotch seam. Yes? What did I say that implied otherwise? An 10.5-11 inch rise comes to a bit below my navel, which is where i'd ideally like the waist on my jeans to sit.
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira You don't know what high-rise means Uh, jeans with a higher rise? Seems pretty self-explanatory. Nudie High Kais, Imperial Shearers. I'm thinking specifically of about a 501 rise, so maybe that's more like mid-rise. Still, hard to find even that in a skinny jean.
Quote: Originally Posted by robertorex waistcoat with a t-shirt, waistcoat with a hoodie... why do people do this. Waistcoat with t-shirt is even worse though. At least with this you might not notice it at first glance, but with a t-shirt it's just so glaring.
I was trying to go for a boxy type/skinny jeans silhouette, which is a look that I totally love right now. Only problem is that you need high rise jeans to do it, and finding a decent pair of those is just impossible right now. Well, not impossible, but I am too proud to buy GIRL JEANZ. And anyways I'm trying to wait on getting a newer pair of jeans until I lose the weight I put on during winter. I was in the hospital for a few weeks near the end of fall and there is no...
UO Levi's H&M Cheap Monday combat boots don't know what I'm wearing if I go out tonight though
Levi's H&M Cheap Monday combat boots