or Connect

Posts by Tropicalist

There is nothing wrong with a bit of nipple showing
If it does not have hold buttons it is not a blazer, and not a foundational element of men's wardrobe. It is a piece of fashion which will go the way of other abominations like bell bottom trousers.
A blazer without metal buttons is an odd jacket not a blazer. And and odd jacket should not be navy blue as the navy blue odd jacket is a bazer with metal buttons. If you really dislike gold (why?) go for copper or brass, or something called cow gold (black polish over gold). The blazer is a classic. Don't mess with it.
Btw I also have Alden cordovan and Crockett and Jones. 10 years down the road the Aldens look wrinkled with a totally plasticky sheen on them, while the CJ have developed a beautiful patina and look wonderful. Though ironically the leather comes from America for both the quality of workmanship is completely different. So I really would not recommend Alden
Do search for my thread on this topic. I shopped in both London and New York this year and my overall impression was unless you are looking for Americana, shipping in Manhattan add nothing to shopping in London. The sum total of my purchase was a seersucker suit from Brooks brothers which I will never wear and a Panama hat that I lost within 48 hours. Paul Stuart and Broooks Brothers are far behind even an average London shop off the Row or Jeremyn stree and not much cheaper.
Between the three Bangkok has the best price quality trade off. I'd suggest world group in all seasons place on wireless road. Their main outlet is in oriental hotel at 4x the price. This is a front and the two shops share the same workshop. A full canvas with good handwork (but not all hand) will cost about usd300 for the workmanship. You can bring your own fabric or buy it from them. They also go excellent shirt from aboud usd80. It is not cheap but comparable to 3-4x...
At the last count this thought has been posted and discussed 1,345,398 times this year on the forum
The tie and the shirt simply don't fit with the jacket. It is jarring.
5"8 is not short, even in The Nordics. Stick to Donegal, houndstooth etc. and stay away from plaids. Make sure all your clothes fit and the darker part of the ensemble is on the top. Wear a tie. Wear a silk pocket square. You will be fine.
It is considered stylish and allows your cuffs and links to show more easily than a straight cut. Next step up is tighter arms with flaired cuffs. Enjoy.