or Connect

Posts by Tropicalist

These used to be PT and shorts shoes we grew up with before the days of Nike, addidas and fancy shoes that do everything except make you breakfast. Go run around in the mud a few times. Get them more evenly dirtied and then wear them with pride.
1 pair of black shoes ought to be enough for anyone. I would definitely go for burgundy next, and then a dark brown
Pretty close to a Patek Calatrava
You are hosting a wedding . You are meant to stand out. I would suggest mid gray trousers, mid brown brogues to catch the country theme, a chambray shirt in white/icy blue or pink; a white or oatmeal linen blazer. Tie optional but a linen or tussah silk nubby one would work well.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this cut for business wear. It looks most flattering on most people especially if bespoke. Would probably use a different fabric from the one in the photo though :-)
Very helpful. Now what can be done about the edges of the lapel curling upwards. I thought it was because of lack of canvass but perhaps not. It could well be the fabric (it is 50 50 wool mohair at around 260 grams) pretty stiff with a rough handle
Very helpful. Now what can be done about the edges of the lapel curling upwards. I thought it was because of lack of canvass but perhaps not. It could well be the fabric (it is 50 50 wool mohair at around 260 grams) pretty stiff with a rough handle
Gray, khaki, creme in endless shades, and fabricS. Plain, textured and checks. Stripes don't really work in trousers either unless part of a suit. Happy hunting.
If you get the tie width at the knot area right (try sam hober ties) then there is nothing like 4 in hand. It chisels aways facial fat while Windsor add to it. If using commercial ties I prefer half Windsor bit make sure you get a long enough one.
Also on the pinch test the lapels just feel thin