or Connect

Posts by Tropicalist

Huntsman in Savil Row. World group in Bangkok. Both about equally good.
Shirt in white, pale blue or pale pink in chambray, polin or linen Shoes can be black and white spectators, or pale tan/caramel Vish
Shirt in white, pale blue or pale pink in chambray, polin or linen Shoes can be black and white spectators, or pale tan/caramel Vish
Actually if you just wear them 99% wouldn't notice the difference in shades
My wife has one and she looks georgeous in it. I am sure you will too
That is of course total rubbish. There is no more elegant and flattering colour for men's shirt. Pink briefcases and shoes should be off limits but it works in shorts especially in the tropics. Suggest you start with pink boxers and work your way up as you build your manly confidence.
Absolutely any leather goods in black(there is no patina so ding) Gold buttons on blazer (but this one I am changing) Tweed (way too warm in the tropics) Absolutely anything with a logo on it Seersucker or madras (linen and hand loomed cotton is good enough) Striped or repp ties (remind me of medical reps who used to chase my doctor father) Black tie outfit (association with bearers is too strong in my mind, velvet smoking jacket or a black tussah silk shervani are my...
Matching belts and shoes is futile and in any case looks too studied and clownish. Just make sure you get a colour within the same family and wear it with a negligent air
Get all your shirts fitted at a tailor. Add mid gray trousers in plain or windowpane check if you don't want to do khaki. A a navy blazer with gold buttons in hopsack, Duponi or fresco fabric, add a repp tie in navy with white stripes and a burgundy tie. Buy cap toe oxfords in burgundy. Add two linen pocket squares This should be more than enough and come in under 1000 if you shop at the right places.
Crocodile farm in singapore is supposed to produce the best leather. They supply to Hermes and many other luxury brands. I am not sure if they supply retail but worth giving them a call.