or Connect

Posts by bcate3

I ordered several years ago from MyTailor with M Kenny doing measurements on the DC tour. Order had to be returned for alterations as they were baggier than my off the rack. They remain baggy after the changes, however, and are the least favorite shirts i own. To be fair, I think the quality of the buttons and stitching are fine. But, I lost confidence in M Kenny who i believe is the main salesman for the DC stops. OP, must you limit yourself to DC? I think you would...
I placed an order, my first, for 6 shirts. Fabric selection was okay. There were about 4 or 5 books with at least 1 being from Thomas Mason IIRC. The salesman made no individual measurements. instead determining my fit by seeing how i looked in stock shirts. Perhaps this is typical of MTM. Good choices of color styles but other options like cuff style and placement of monograms were limited. A week after ordering, I called to see if they could accommodate my request...
The shout outs to Ike, Reagan, & the Bushes were surprising. That may have silenced the delegates but it was a sly way to appeal to independents. Great political theater with Obama and Clinton on stage.
Funny you say this. One of the big differences for me between Ryan and Palin is that he lacks her charisma and confidence as a public speaker. His pitch and nasal tone also undermined the way he delivered some of his attack lines.  Ryan was the can't miss prospect who started on 3rd but didn't cross home.  Palin on the other hand was the farm hand  who hit it out her first time up in the show.  Fortunately for him, he'll likely have the HOF career.
I heard Ryan's speech on the radio and was left unimpressed with his delivery and content that seemed largely a canned stump speech that could have been given at a Lincoln Day dinner.  The most vivid image of the speech was his line about the college graduate looking at the fading Obama poster  wondering when he can move out of his parent's place.  He should have started with that instead of having it buried in he middle. It speaks to the disappointment that many voters...
You're not supposed to take on salary & give up top young talent too. de la Rosa is a potential 1 or 2 in the rotation & Webster is the Dodgers's #2 prospect. I hope Kasten (& Colletti) were able to get money back too.
Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn Must have just missed you! Six trousers for me; a charcoal grey and pearl grey Minnis fresco, a cream and light grey Holland & Sherry gabardine, and a mottled brown ("Dakota") Holland & Sherry cavalry twill. The damage was around $2,800 and the trousers should be ready by mid-June. First time w/ Chan, no? fwiw, the first pair of trousers I got from them fit tighter in the upper leg & crotch area than i...
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcava So, I take it you are concerned that unfamiliar faces may have handled the fitting while the main protagonists were over in San Fran? In HK, would you have expected Patrick and Arnold as well? Well, I'll post back with the final product, with a proper shirt (maybe one of the Ascot Chang's I had made while there) and shoes.. I wasn't suggesting that I had concern. I've never been to the HK shop, so I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcava Total Noob here, but found Styleforum in researching my recent trip to HK.. Here's what I have so far - still waiting for my shipment (just got back Monday) Comments so far - realize that this was the first fitting (didn't snap pics on the second fitting) Loro Piana fabric - was my first bespoke suit experience - so am anxiously awaiting the finished product. Coldcava, who are the guys measuring...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse Huh? Why would they do that? The show is a critical and ratings hit. Am I missing something? The article says that the director wrote 2 of the shows and rewrote the rest. Looks like the staff writers weren't delivering what he wanted.