or Connect

Posts by bcate3

You're not supposed to take on salary & give up top young talent too. de la Rosa is a potential 1 or 2 in the rotation & Webster is the Dodgers's #2 prospect. I hope Kasten (& Colletti) were able to get money back too.
Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn Must have just missed you! Six trousers for me; a charcoal grey and pearl grey Minnis fresco, a cream and light grey Holland & Sherry gabardine, and a mottled brown ("Dakota") Holland & Sherry cavalry twill. The damage was around $2,800 and the trousers should be ready by mid-June. First time w/ Chan, no? fwiw, the first pair of trousers I got from them fit tighter in the upper leg & crotch area than i...
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcava So, I take it you are concerned that unfamiliar faces may have handled the fitting while the main protagonists were over in San Fran? In HK, would you have expected Patrick and Arnold as well? Well, I'll post back with the final product, with a proper shirt (maybe one of the Ascot Chang's I had made while there) and shoes.. I wasn't suggesting that I had concern. I've never been to the HK shop, so I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcava Total Noob here, but found Styleforum in researching my recent trip to HK.. Here's what I have so far - still waiting for my shipment (just got back Monday) Comments so far - realize that this was the first fitting (didn't snap pics on the second fitting) Loro Piana fabric - was my first bespoke suit experience - so am anxiously awaiting the finished product. Coldcava, who are the guys measuring...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse Huh? Why would they do that? The show is a critical and ratings hit. Am I missing something? The article says that the director wrote 2 of the shows and rewrote the rest. Looks like the staff writers weren't delivering what he wanted.
I'm surprised that I like the shown so far, especially the group tension subplots. Spoiler alert: I was sorry to see the end of the free-riding, abusive husband, however. I think there were some good story lines to be explored. There's still other sources of drama -- the love triangle and the racists hillbillies, for example - but they are sort of standard fare.
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness The Verizon iPhone is probably coming after Christmas. Full integration with MS Exchange. Just sayin'. Is this inside information or confirmed? The recent news reports sound like the Vz iphone is around the corner this time, but then months pass and a new round of stories report its inevitablity.
Quote: Originally Posted by EMY i do not own a bmw so i cannot say for certain, but i've read on forums that BMW's schedule maintenance (aka oil change) is every 15k miles. That's just enough for the car to last through warranty and the car is no longer BMW's problem. there are some cars with heavy sludge and wear with only 40k normal driving miles. i have a high mileage mercedes and there have been no major problems. i'm car savvy though, so i...
The diner used in the milkshake scene looks like it's been used in the movies. My first thought was pulp fiction. Favorite scene was the kitchen scene with don and betty. She played out the range of emotions superbly. But the way the scene ended suggested the end of a meaningful role for her on the show. Have mixed feelings about that if true. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Miller hangs around a bit. We do see past flings reappear from time...
Quote: Originally Posted by wmb these were ordered this summer on the tour -- my third commission. the estimated delivery was late oct early nov so it surprised me to see the box outside the door. the others were always on the later side of the estimate, never before like this... I am very happy with the fit of these -- the others being a tad large out of the box. like I mentioned in the post, the pants I have on have a low rise which makes the...