or Connect

Posts by NavyStyles

Quote: My sister has a book--something to do with makeup--in which the author took some movie stars and did their makeup/dressed them up to look like certain icons. There's one of, like, Charlize Theron or something done up like James Dean. And there's one of Christina Ricci done up like a porcelain doll. I'll try to find the book and post some pictures. It's really interesting how good they look. Ken, I'm pretty sure I know what book that is. If...
Stu, That's a nice model in the link. I highly advise going with LCD, which apparently you are. Plasmas tend to "burn" images onto their screens if you leave the same thing showing for too long (ie, pause a DVD or video game). This ruins pixels to a non-repairable state.
Quote: No Bush fan here, but the best line I ever heard on Kerry was, "John Kerry couldn't say shit if he had an ass for a mouth."  Sadly after living in Boston for 12 years I found that to be true.  I have a feeling that is a trait that will become clear in the election.  I  think the dems may regret the coronation. I've heard that feeling from a lot of people. It should become a lot more evident once we start seeing debates; he'll have to say...
That's a wonderful new icon, Alias.
Ashley Judd is gonna be in that, right? EDIT: answered my own question by checking the link...
Quote: ...and in a politically-driven film, I think it's even more important to leave many questions on different subjects up to the viewers to answer or pursue on their own. Your thoughts? Sorry for the delay in answering; I haven't been able to frequently check the Forum. Anyway, I agree that leaving questions unanswered is the only way to successfully pull of a film that examines politics. I know that directors need to choose some POV, but I...
Taking the precautions A Harris suggested should considerably cut down on your worries. However, bugs are very pesky. Whitmire Micro-Gen Research Labs manufactures a product called "Allure." It's a pheremone-filled cube with two sides cut out. A sticky residue is inside the cube with the pheremone and attracts all bugs. Knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble with moths on my clothes.
Quote: However, the only one left is Hermes_God. Either they don't have enough time, or they got sick of all the disturbing posts. Would it be wrong if we privately e-mailed them, and informed them about this site. If you can get a hold of his e-mail address, definitely send him a note. Like j said, that was a large part of the StyleForum's beginning. And I have to thank him once again for e-mailing me. I would hate to be stuck over at the GQ Forum...
Although the article behind the link is long, I highly recommend that everyone read it in its entirety. Moore is a silly and shady man who does not recognize courage of any sort even when he sees it because he cannot summon it in himself. To him, easy applause, in front of credulous audiences, is everything. It contains the writings of Christopher Hitchens, who is actually rather liberal.
Quote: On a somewhat related note, I have two nearly identical user accounts and can only access this one, so if you have sent PMs to the other one, I can't even read them. It's ridiculous but there's no good way around it unfortunately. I suppose the best solution is for people writing you messages to make a mental note to send the same thing twice (one to each account, of course).