or Connect

Posts by NavyStyles

When I worked with the U.S. Attorney's Office over the summer, it was coat and tie. Some of the attorneys would go a bit more casual on Fridays, but I stuck with dressing up... since I was only a lowly intern.
All of this is wonderful fodder for the party I'll be attending in about half an hour, haha.  I LOVED the cornball "Atom Collision" joke.  On that note, the beginning of my contribution... Why can't a bicycle stand up on its own? Because it's two tired.. ===================== A bear walks into a bar.  The bartender asks, "What'll it be?" "A gin..................... and tonic." "What's with the big pause?" "I don't know, but my dad had 'em, too..."
Quote: girl induced drama Unfortunately, that's been a recent motif for my entries. I swear, I write about other stuff, too. It's just that those awkward situations with the fairer sex always seem to provide good material.
It feels so surreal. Boston Red Sox -- World Champions 86 years since 1918 18 years since 1986
If you ever get bored enough, you can head over to my Livejournal. My close friends have always told me that my life is their comic relief, so I decided I might as well chronicle those events. You can find the results at the following address... http://www.livejournal.com/users/nola_gent32/ I'm a bit long-winded... but some people seem crazy enough to believe that I have a way with the written word.
Quote: I thought the called shot was in Wrigley Field against the Cubs in the '32 World Series. You are indeed correct, sir. The famous Called Shot was in Game 3 at Wrigley Field. I wasn't very clear in my wording -- or understanding of the article. I think the author meant that the shots were in the same direction as the called shot... Then again, he could've just meant that Ruth slammed plenty of his own (less mythical) homers in the same section as...
Versace, Your stuffed chicken recipe just made my mouth water... even though I just finished dinner. I wish I had easier access to a grocery store; damn you, college.
Hopefully I'll be stopping by more often. JHarrison was kind enough to send me an e-mail inquiring about my mysterious vanishing. Glad to be back. And thanks for the well wishes. Been a good day so far -- and just getting started.
Jonathan, JHarrison, and Steve, Thank y'all for the birthday well wishes. I lucked out having it on a Friday this year (only one class on Fridays). And I am enjoying the scarf -- err, did last week when it was cool enough for it. "Autumn" in New Orleans can be a mixed blessing for those of us who like crisp, cool weather. As for my lack of posting recently, let's hope the start of a new age can work as a convenient way to kick that. I plan to post more frequently. Or...
I really hope not. My hair's too long right now to use gel, but it becomes a daily routine when I have short hair. For what it's worth, I have yet to notice much of a change... knock on wood.