or Connect

Posts by NavyStyles

Thanks, y'all. I've been skimming other threads and seeing some familiar names (A Harris, LA Guy, Steve B, j, image WIS). Just like old times, haha. Tokyo Slim, I wish that image were still showing... no idea what it was.
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T Allow me to show tacky in a whole new light. Go FCUK yourself. I really really hate that siht. Also not a fan. And anywhere that guidos (I'm talking those punks from Long Island with "blowout"/"tape-up" haircuts) shop should be avoided at all costs.
Quote: Originally Posted by jonglover Is that a joke? I'm about as rural (and a little Southern) as it gets. Check AlanC's location. Or mine, for that matter. I have a love affair with grits, I take my tea sweet, I don't sweat wearing jeans in the middle of the summer, I was brought up by Southern belles to be a gentleman, and I know the best food I'll ever eat was free and at home. His comment was a joke.
So I'm late in weighing in on this... but I'll attribute that to my 2-yr absence from the boards. Some Like It Hot Sugar: I come from this musical family. My mother is a piano teacher and my father was a conductor. Joe: Where did he conduct? Sugar: On the Baltimore and Ohio. The Jerk Navin: He hates these cans. Stay away from the cans. Airplane! Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land? Captain Oveur: I can't tell. Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a...
Bradford, Thanks man. So happy to be back home. I actually spent the fall semester at Washington & Lee in Lexington, VA (so close enough to the Northeast for me, but still VERY Southern). It was a pretty good time; met a lot of nice people. And -- certainly -- plenty of stories from travels and parties. The school was very friendly and understanding with all that was happening on the Gulf Coast at the time. They welcomed me and the other New Orleans area...
Thanks, Versace. Glad to be back. Planning to spend some more time on the forums... a bit rusty at the moment.
I should answer that with where I've been. After I got to college (Fall 2003), I didn't frequent this site as often. But I still lurked. Then job/internship + college work/research kept me off any online forums for a while. Ever since Katrina, I've just been trying to get things in order back in NOLA (haven't spent much time with online communities). Now, I've finished spring and summer semesters after returning to Tulane in January... so I finally have a break,...
Wow, it's been a while. Haven't even lurked in about a year. I was putting off work and just stumbled over here. Had to get a new password sent to my e-mail and everything. Just wondering if any of the old-schoolers (join date of 2002, 2003, early 2004) are still around? If y'all are checking this thread, lemme know you're still here. I feel like I'm practically a new member with all the unfamiliar faces. So far I've recognized about 3 usernames (Bradford, Tokyo...
Happy birthday, Jonathan. And felicitations on the anniversary of the business. Have a good day; hopefully you can focus on yourself instead of running the store. At least for a day.
"BushKerry" Whaaa?