or Connect

Posts by Brendon

The  trousers are clattering into your calf as you stand on your trousers. The button on the jacket is too high which accentuates the coat projecting outwards from below the button. Trousers hard to fix. All you can do is clear out the seat.  as an exercise to demonstrate what you are doing turn side on as you are and stand errect upright and see the trousers tuck up under your seat and hit your  calf muscles.  A pleated trouser with a larger fork area may help...
This is acceptable in England if the coat is what is termed very straight in the pattern...Sitting off the neck may not be a problem if the cut is flattering. However I think I can see by the lapel that this coat is crooked and is trying to jump to the neck. Therefore if you have chosen fashion forward ie actually too tight all over then the coat will leap off the neck if the coat is too tight in the chest. ie it wont sit down. If this is not the case all you can do is...
I cannot see anything to recommend this jacket. Send it back. The alterations would probably cost more than the jacket and even then it would be a poor job. good luck Brendon
Hi the outside welt or Breast pocket does fill out a fused suit on that side. If you went to a Bespoke Tailor who use Camel and Horse hair in the body this would not be an issue. The most important thing in a suit is the cut. This is how you appear in your suit from 5 yards plus away. When you are close to someone in proximity they will be looking at your eyes face etc rather than the detail in your suit.  Hope this helps Brendon
Sorry Luddite started to reply and hit the wrong key. Experience is 10 plus years with Made to Measure and 18 years part and full time training as a Bespoke tailor and Cutter under an ex Savile Row Tailor.( part of those 18 years during made to measure time). Unfortunately to roughly quote someone from Gieves and Hawkes in London, " after 35 years of bespoke I am still learning"....not good news for me. There are good tailors and bad, not all bespoke is good, on the...
Hi I am Brendon a Bespoke Cutter and Tailor in New Zealand and I joined and posted my first post today.
Hi Luddite how did you get on with your suit?. I was interested in your comment how crane Bro's was slightly misleading in their claims to do bespoke and have their own workroom. They do have their own work room for alterations and basic stuff though they are not capable of making a suit of any quality, hence they use rembrandt I think.....you can decide on that quality for yourself. This misleading approach is not new and they all do it.  the biggest problem with NZ...