or Connect

Posts by Brendon

As a man with a beard, a change is as good as a rest. It is tidy. He has a very fit body and would probably look good in a potato sack. I think he is a great guy who has along with his flat off key social climbing wife has carved out a career beyond football. Other than having the Lancaster Spitfire and Hurricane fly over prior to the game with Germany and the Rebecca Loos affair he has shown fairly good judgment compared to say Russell the phone thrower Crowe ( so...
Hi Luddite yes sorry did not want to appear secretive. I am probably away again in august for usually 6-8 weeks and have enough work until then. I am always looking for work in december as all my clients are away for a month or 2 and will always offer a good price in that month. Always happy to stop and have a chat though about tailoring etc, that is largely why I joined the forum rather than trawling for business as there is a lot of miss-info out there and I was keen...
agree with you jbee about Smith and cauheys, staight up shooters and they have traditionally worked off a smaller margin for essentially the same Rembrandt product. 
Of course Jmjm, there are only enough tailors to service a small area of the market. MTM is a very necessary part of the market. 
If am afraid this is about to become technical and bore many...Open quaters....Nope not a matter of taste. The open quaters as you call them went out in top tailoring houses in the 1950's and before. It became an educational issue for tailors post war. If you look at all of the old pre war suits they all fell away,. This is because they were all based from frock coats. The modern suit to which Beu Brummel has been attributed to influencing used to be called the 3 seamer....
Hi Emptym could we see something in the technical threads about straightening and crookening of a jacket. This is most probably the most important thing with fitting, historically very debated in the old cutter and tailor mag's. Any jacket pattern maker or budding cutter/tailor should aquire this knowledge. I am amazed that this has not been mentioned as yet. If it has apologies and would love to be directed to it to view other opinions on this regards Brendon 
Clever work with the slanting cuffs despos, I am going to try and figure this out over the next few days. I am not betting on myself but I can think of a few portly fellows this would have been handy for. Brendon
Hi Luddite had a look at the cloth you chose today 1315 from the T F bunch. Yes 2 by 2 which is good, Milled finish which really means it is more of a winter suit. 310 g which you can wear in Auckland except for the hottest month or 2. I'm glad this Doran and Doran is natures gentleman as described by another post.  If the suit is a bespoke suit here is how it all works, and whilst I won't be unkind there is a weakness here if am to be honest with you, Made to...
Hi Despos good thread thanks for putting this out there. you obviously have a thriving business. I am at the stage where I wish to take an apprentice on. I have hesitated as it is a big step, however without one I work long hours. I sell in the upper top end of the market in New Zealand when I can get the price. I have been trained by an ex Savile Row tailor and cutter as a coatmaker. I do this at this stage for the love of my work, however after another 10 years the...
Hi all I have been watching this thread with some interest. can anyone tell me why there is this obsession with canvas fronts on a suit?