or Connect

Posts by Brendon

Hi Chris yes I totally agree , and of course I take the figure into account every time when taking my measures. To reiterate the poster was commenting on your cut of your Despos suit and how the " quarters" were too closed. Without sucking up too much I thought the suit looked fine and that perhaps the OP was not familiar with a straight cut suit as most MTM and off the peg are cut crooked. But yes I also agree with you, though it may have been through a lack of...
If I get a customer asking for 6 or 8 suits, I would encourage them to try 1 especially if the supposedly have not had bespoke suits before. Someone who comes into a tailoring room and orders 6 or 8 suits would usually be too good to be true
Hi Ruffles all different brands have different cut even though some may be made in the same factory. In a sense ignorance is bliss, a little knowledge can be dangerous. So here is some knowledge,; Off the peg or RTW  is limited to simple alterations like waist of trousers. As soon as you alter sleeve lengths on RTW you tamper with one of the 2 good things aboout RTW, the finish. The price is of course the other. Made to Measure is the next step up and the human...
Hi Charzord the drop 7 refers to 7 inches difference between the chest and waist. ie drop 6 for a normal figure drop 7 is slightly more athletic. Ask at the Zegna store for the difference between the Z etc, they should be able to give you their " in house spiel ".  Zegna are a good suit when they are on sale! Brendon
Hi All Chris Despos was responding to a psoter about the front not showing the shirt and tie underneath, this is a common problem with a lot of of made to measure suits. This is generated from the neck point. Straightening a coat will move and swing the forepart  away towards the chest straightening the front edge and allowing the chest to have more definition and accentuating a narrower waist. It also allows the buttons to button up more easily. However it is much...
Paddock go to London to Savile Row. The cut is the most important aprt of the suit, and the best cut in the world is there. Hong Kong tailors were trained by the British military. A Savile Row suit has more style and you will; get a straighter cut.ie will flatter the figure. good luck with your spend Brendon 
Yes perhaps that was a little strong and I apologise. A friend I was flying to see today passed away a few hours before I was due to get on the plane. Not that I am after any sympathy It has been a difficult day and it was a small attempt as some humour. However to justify my frustration, here is a guy Pippo that one one day is thinking of beating down his tailor from 3k to 2500, the next is enquiring about Dormeuil cloth #3000002 on this 300002 thread the next on a...
Pippo  I personally think it detracts and does not improve the trouser, so I would not worry about this detail, if someone is noticing the button on your cuffs 1 of four things either a/Your suit cut is so poor that it does not catch attention. b/ Your features are not particularly attractive and those in discussion with you  would rather focus on your feet area 3/ You don't have enough to think about. 4/ You sell suits and you would like to start a trend to...
Pippo Pretty certain that this sounds like an Amadeus # If it is more than 8 years old it will be a super 100's 310g if it is newer than that it will just be a something not quite as good as it used to be. How old is the suit. There is also a lighter Amadeus Summer and another 365 Amadeus. Looks nice when its new because it is wax pressed. Plenty of other cloth in that price range I would pick ahead of this. Hope that helps cheers Brendon
I agree with Sanguis M .Outsourcing has been done for a very long time. The senior chap I work with used to work in a room of 20 tailors in a Savile Row basement in London and to a man, they all had a different way of making a suit. However the cutter was just upstairs or just down the road for amendments to be made to the garment. Some were tidy some were not with their work. Some were good at pressing off ( very important) The important thing was the cutter could...