or Connect

Posts by Brendon

Hi Lukejackson are we talking cloth or fabric here?. If cloth definitely not hopsack or nailhead, and closest to a birdseye but the length between the birdseyes is not long enough vertically to be that from the way I see the photo. This looks the same length vertically as diagonally so can't be birdseye. If shirting, I would have to guess a bit of oxford as a rough outsider. Either way if you have a cat,it would pull it to bits. any of those weaves, one drunken night...
Hi I Surg unless one of my clients sticks one up online, then no. Don't know.I make them and wave them goodbye. You buy it ,do what you like with them I suppose. Emotionally,if you like, I always feel a connection with the suits. a lot of my DNA 9 literally ) goes into each suit. I imagine in 30 years it may not feel the same, who knows, let's hope I am well off and happy in my work. Next week I will photograph something I am working on with explanation. Probably an...
Hi ernesto In NZ the outfitters Working Style and Crane Brothers do a nice job on presentation. Very gent club single malt feel about the places. I have a nice workroom but not the budget. When you are on the tools all day 6 days +, service I am afraid is the last thing on your mind. I should not be on here in fact too distracting. I think those two are the go for general stuff. Both unfortunately pretend to do bespoke ( as they all do ) Google Bespoke you can get a...
Hi Henry Carter a two by two 100's is all you probably need for work. Higher numbers for the lavish occasions. For some reason a cloth report I saw stated that the 110's was the most common length of staple, who knows why, perhaps a farmer will know or someone in Huddersfiled. Cloth with an extra twist in the yarn ie any that market themselves as travel cloths will have a dryer handle, ie the opposite of the obsession of staple length. Twist too much and you create a...
Hi The Ernesto just want to be polite, back away nicely with the information that could help me. I do know why I became a bespoke tailor after measuring thousands of made to measure suits over more than a decade. Much happier now. I think you have some good tailors in Australia. The next time you see someone in an overly short coat. Take the photo look at their seat. With a crooked coat, the bum will look big as the person walks away you see the fork of the trouser...
Hi Lennier no not after business from you, and perhaps you are right if i was vying for your custom but that is not the case, however are trying to find someone I would like to work with and offered any assistance in return as my efforts have not born much fruit.Can of course back everything up I say. Welcome to ask any questions, if I can help,  Sweeping yes, but all true in my experience. I use my actual name and business, no hiding here kind regards Brendon
Hi FXH thanks for reply. Bit small town of me to not put that in. She was in Melbourne Swanston St 3000 postal code. Anne Wilkins. Andersons in London said she was good and the English cut guy stated she was his best apprentice. Bit of a long shot but have tried a lot of other places first many thanks Brendon
Hi Guys sorry to jump in on your thread. Posted a new thread by mistake in the general forum. re trying to find a bespoke tailor who is late of Anderson and Sheppard in London ( when on Savile Row) and the English Cut. Her name is Anne Wilkins. Trying to find out if she is back in NZ, UK or still in Australia. 27 Swanston St was her address and the phone number is now an art gallery. Would love some help with this, in return happy to offer up some on the mysteries of cut...
Hi All, apologies as a kiwi to come in on your forum. I am a bespoke tailor in NZ and owner operator of Preston and Maurice Tailors Auckland NZ( old firm est 1897 for whatever that is worth). A small team with a 2 year waiting list, that is unfortunately growing. No tailors in NZ of great repute. Suits all hand made, camel and horse hair canvas throughto button holes only up and downs machined as normal ( apart from Italy where some centre seams sewn by hand for ease)....
Apologies for the English Pounds in talking about cloth. I prefer this and is a long term habit. I do not talk about  final cost in GBP unless asked for. And as I deserve the poor review and should have been more enthusiastic at your visit and interest. I have made an apology to the lawyer person who referred you and continues to be a client. You are correct. I do cut and make on site. all by hand in the traditions of Savile Row. As I am the only properly trained cutter...