or Connect

Posts by Brendon

Hi all I have not read all the posts from this thread as some of them were getting a bit bitchy, handbags at 10 paces!   1/- Impossible to cut a suit from 2.2 metres in my experience.   2/- If you want a good relationship with a tailor why screw him out of the margin on the cloth.....Once you have cut into a cloth there is no recourse on the cloth from the mill. So if there is a problem with the cloth are you going to make the tailor refund the probably retail price...
Oh come now eighface a little laughter never hurt anyone,,and I did give you the name of a good cleaning book so you don't muck up your next favorite pair in the laundry. Let me know what sort of stain it was and I will come back to you with a solution from the book if you like  Go well Brendon
Crikey eightface  you are a brave man posting a pale stain like that on SF, proximity and all.... a good book for all that stuff was written by an Australian industrial chemist, book was called "Spotless". A few years old now but I think they update it from time to time. Worth having a copy in the laundry. A lot of those stain removers leave a pale residue or take a little colour out. Maybe if someone else does not Cum up with a better solution you should make the rest...
Hi Spectre Yes, I wouldn't say offended, they are obviously just trying to make a living as we all are.,But a little, wouldn't you be. I am not sure of your profession say your an accountant, what if a bookkeeper started calling themselves a qualified accountant. Why call yourself one thing when another perfectly good set of words exist " muddy the waters"I think I said.   I wrote a lot of words to explain it. I thought it was quite straightforward, finally you seem to...
Hi Spectre I thought I was being quite logical in my argument and contribution to this thread. I am a tailor, but leave that aside. I am not the one hanging " Tailor" above my door and being misleading as I pointed out quite carefully. If 5 of you have commented on P Jonson and 1 or more of you thought you were buying a tailored suit, then that, ( and I am being polite here) slightly misleading advertising is working on 20%, the 20 % who said it was good enough anyway. So...
Hi all I had the rare chance of having a look at a P Johnson suit the other day. Nicely finished as you would expect from a good Italian factory. 6 week delivery excellent instead of up to many months from a busy tailor. having a bespoke suit from a tailor can be a lottery if the tailor does not know what he/she is doing. Takes many years to get good at bespoke and the only way to even have a chance of being good is to have been trained for a considerable period of...
Not sure where to post this but as project runway seems to take place in NY then here seemed as good as any? In a one television house I am sitting here with my partner watching Project Runway. Tim Gunn is wearing a navy pinstripe suit. Obviously a little behind  in New Zealand on the up to date series. This is the episode where they design something for Heidi's " Surprise" perfume. I have enjoyed the odd episode. Tim has worn some pretty averagely cut suits in the past...
Hi Fishball yes sorry for my laziness. I had a look at my latest pricelist from HFW and you are right! Much cheaper. I take your word on the percentage and applaud you thorough calculations.That is quite competitive. Right in the middle of a few suppliers of 150's. Some 5 GBP cheaper some 10 GBP dearer.   Brendon
Hi All Rembrandt Suits are in Wellington, Nae Nae, Lower Hutt to be exact. They make for a lot of MTM and production. Made in NZ and China. Fused front with canvas chest. Very basic but tidy. Not as detailed as Italian suits factory. They have the Holland and Sherry agency. Crooked (tailoring term) coats ie fall away at front. They have vertically integrated into the market here with a chain of stores Mark Richard.   They make for Companies here like Working Style and...
Hi Coxsackie I have no objection if the tailoring is outsourced. Savile Row have been doing it for years and depended on a series of waves of immigration for it's production off the Row. Still they were tailors.   I am a Cutter and Coat-maker I cut then after a baste trouser fitting, outsource the hand making of my trousers to a lovely lady who has been trained by me and other tailors from London and Europe. She also makes my hand made buttonholes when I don't have to...