or Connect

Posts by Petepan

If I remember correctly, last winter we had 3 continuous weeks where temperatures dropped to single digits in Sydney. I suspect that when people talk about flannels in Australia, they are not referring to pants.
Do you mean that the seam is pressing down on the knuckle? Or is it the creasing? My guess is that you might need to break it in a bit more, using thicker socks or some plaster in the pinching area. If that is not working, then it is a fit issue, and you need a captoe with a different seam position or a plaintoe.
You should try taking the subway in NY, Paris, Tokyo or Moscow during winter, then come back and tell us warm is not needed anymore.
Not a fancy image to carry in my head going into lunch hour. 
@crdb Excellent piece. My recos: Amouage - Memoir Man MFK- Oud, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Aqua Universalis Forte Memo- Shams Oud, Italian Leather Diptyque- Phylosykos EDP Or you could just rock Aventus with the masses.
Acqua di Gio not really citrus, it is aquatic. The problem with aquatic is they all smell the same eg Issey Miyake, Cool Water, etc. If you keep at this hobby long enough, you will probably also be bored of citrus too eventually! Just keep trying loads of stuff. A cheaper hobby than shoes.
^^^ Ha, same here, and in the evening I topped up with MdO Cuir, which I am currently besotted with.
Serapian. Bally. St Dupont. Moynat. Maybe Pratesi, not sure. Or you can just bespoke order.
Amouage is incense. If you like citrus, try Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Aqua Universalis or Cologne Pour Le Matin.
 For what it is worth, English proficiency in Japan is frustratingly poor. And the Japanese language is difficult to learn. Add the cultural differences, and sometimes just ordering a cup of coffee will be a big hassle. Charming at first, but starts to grate towards the end of a long and hectic trip. On top of that, the lack of actual space- just look at the size of the seats in any coffee joint or bar or even bus stops! We have a slight advantage because we can identify...