or Connect

Posts by Petepan

Did you nail the fit via a physical store, or trial and error using free returns?
Thanks for the heads up. I really like it too, and great value for money for pure linen. It might make summer more tolerable this time round.
Miyagi Kogyo via Kazuna can do the swept back buckle strap for $375 MTO. I know you are Melb based and Kazuna is in Sydney, just an option if you happen to swing by. You only need one fitting and Kaz can send the shoes to you.
Nothing wrong with single monks, but I personally would go for brown/burgundy rather than black.
45 mins by fast train RER A to La Vallee outlets, where Paul Smith wool pants Made in Italy goes for Euro79 and socks for Euro10 before detax. It is the stop just before Euro Disney. You get on at Chatelet or Opera. Beware of scammers and pickpockets on the train.I usually go during winter sales in January. At this time of the year, you might not get a lot of winter stuff.Enjoy yourself, and show us the pics when you can.
I was recommending that book to Coxsackie because I thought he might enjoy it. So I am not quite sure why you need to be a dick about it, as my post was not addressed to you.  Thanks for your offer anyway. I will give it the consideration it deserves.
It is a flannel, for which I have a soft spot, Sydney weather be darned. But probably a no go at this stage, for various reasons pointed out by members.
I agree with the waistcoat. There is also a navy chalkstripe La Spalla with a similar waistcoat, which I am not keen on. Also agree with PoP that I might be optimistic being able to use them as separates. I might just wait until I get to Paris again hopefully in a few months time. Two years ago, I saw a Hackett 3-piece in navy chalkstripe made in Fox Brothers flannel, with side tab adjusters for the trousers, and a SB waistcoat, all for the princely sum of Euro499 before...
Recommended book: https://bookofbadarguments.com/
One possibility I was thinking of is that I can wear the jacket and pants as separates. The vest will probably sit in the wardrobe for 9 months or more per year. One of my suits is passed use by date, and I just want a replacement quick at reasonable price with no fuss. No patience for bespoke.