or Connect

Posts by Petepan

For apartment living, consider Pyrmont/Jacksons Landing. You might need to stretch the rent budget to $900-$950, but you save on transport fares and commute time, especially once they finish the light rail on George Street, you can take light rail from Pyrmont. The light rail is timely and airconditioned, thank me when you hit peak hour traffic in summer wearing a suit and tie.For shoes, we have Double Monk in Sydney with a good range. Just compare the prices on their...
Vanda Fine Clothing might be worth a visit. There is also a croc farm there, maybe get a croc wallet on the cheap?The lunch buffet at the Hyatt on Scotts Road is well worth considering. Lots of local street food in air conditioned comfort, with some hard to find local desserts.Have not been to KL for ages, so no idea there I am afraid.
State of menswear in HK has room for improvement. Used to be decent, now probably already surpassed by Sydney. Since Xmas eve, have not seen a single decent captoe even in TST and Causeway Bay. In fact, you will struggle to find someone in a sport coat, let alone a decent fitting one. Artisan supplies though are plentiful in Sham Shui Po. Genuine horn buttons, shell cordovan from Horween/Comipel/Shinki, suiting fabrics, etc. Prices are pretty high due to strong HKD vs...
 Mate, we have a video recording, your signed confession plus the evidence we found in your freezer. 
Interesting discussion which warrants its own thread. In the meantime, back to yoox land please.....
Could anyone please help me regarding sizing information for the Pal Zileri suits size 46? It is described on yoox as fits large, but how much larger? Anyone has actual measurements? Thanks in advance.
 Aussie summer is not homogenous. The dry heat of Melbourne/Perth is different from the muggy heat of Sydney, which means that heavier linen is a really bad idea in Sydney. Would be helpful if OP can provide details of location. Unlined/semi lined jacket will help tremendously. For a 1st timer, IMO bespoke linen is going to be hard to justify price wise. RTW with alterations will be much less challenging.  
Anyone knows who makes suits for MP Massimo Piombo these days? Last I heard was that Kiton no longer works with them. Also any further info on Simeone Napoli's suits would be greatly appreciated.
Boglioli linen suit + Caruso linen shirt.
I am really surprised that this thread is so quiet.   Anyone made any good finds lately re: obscure but high quality stuff going for a song?