or Connect

Posts by Petepan

Very nice, good job. I use neutral wax for last 2 layers to give some depth, but this is not critical.
New suit, new suit, new suit! New shoes, new shoes, new shoes!
Anyone tried Or du Serail yet?
Artisanal low volume products can reap the benefits of technology- Meermin MTO via crowdsource funding for example. In high volume cases, not so easy. I suspect it is just more cost effective for suppliers to use wholesalers as compared to going direct. But supply chains are getting more efficient, so perhaps one day, we will be rid of the evil gouging middleman.  For Australian's, be very careful what you wish for, because the gouging power may just be transferred from...
 Why do you think retailers exists? At a fundamental level, retailers bring convenience by aggregating a large number of products and shouldering the inventory risk. This reduces costs for the consumer.  At the wholesale level, the wholesaler brings the same benefits to retailers. The same reasoning goes up the chain and works vice versa. A manufacturer prefers to deal with one wholesaler, or one major retailer, rather than answering emails from 1000 retail customers.  A...
Why do you bother to argue with ignorant people?  I have stated this many times, and Romp (in previous incarnation as retail analyst) has even put figures on it- the reason stuff is expensive in Australia is mainly due to higher wholesale prices, and fixed expenses such as rent, wages, etc have only marginal impact. When people refer to the Australia tax, it is actually a reference to gouging at the wholesale level. Woolies and Coles were at loggerheads with Heinz...
You wont get it cheaper in Australia. Loakes are above AUD$200 and that is entry level.Sounds like you might be in Spain. Plenty to choose from, with Meermin and Carmina being regularly mentioned in SF.
I have a tobacco fixation recently.    Jeke Slumberhouse- smoky rich cigar, still my absolute favourite, followed closely by TF Tobacco Oud- sourish dirty tobacco backed up with a hint of oud, preferably layered with TF Tobacco Vanille- which is too sweet on its own, for me Keiko Mecheri Oliban- very uniquely well done, but a bit weak, still trying this out.   The non-niche ones I have tried: Boss Number One- synthetic top notes, but the drydown is surprisingly...
Here we go again...gentlemen, start your bitch engines....
Perhaps the reason is to obscure stains and other general signs of poor housekeeping?