or Connect

Posts by Petepan

I agree with your observations, with a few caveats. At least with the Lee clan, EVERYONE got rich, not just the clan. Personally, I could not stand living in Singapore. It was 5 years of hell, although it was a brilliant springboard. In the context of a fishing village backwater surrounded by hostile neighbours, with no hinterland or colonial master support (eg Hong Kong), with a population pool of lower calibre (compared to the entrepreneurs and intellectuals that flocked...
Hi Nabil I agree with your sentiments. I dont think many will disagree that LKY is a giant amongst men. As with all men, he has his faults, but it speaks to a certain flaw in character (not you) to nitpick faults and gloss over accomplishments at a time like this, considering the fact that the dead has no right of reply. So vale LKY.
I heard that Singaporeans also hang out their washing at sunrise, in the spirit of banality....
Sunrises implies morning! Or you could just work on Mexico time!
http://www.smh.com.au/national/public-service/600000-legal-bill-for-public-servants-hotel-sex-romp-20150325-1m75z5.html   $600k bill to find out that you cannot get compensation for injuries sustained whilst having sex on a work trip, because your activities have nothing to do with work or even remotely related to it.
Hey boff, long time no see.  I myself am deciding whether to go to Herman Brothers in Burwood. The cloth selection is decent. The work is done overseas (likely China, but did not ask out of politeness), but alterations are done locally. Pictures look okay, and Herman is receptive to ideas. 2 to 3 fittings. Thinking of doing just a basic navy light construction soft shoulders etc ala PJ. Also BTW, if you are sick of your Slumberhouse Jeke, I will take it off your hands!
Sure, not a problem. The shoes are $1000 and my usual service fee is $5000. Cash upfront by direct deposit. Once funds are confirmed, I will get back to you.
Interesting. Not even this? 
What suits??? Were there suits?? Oh.....
They are having sales now too, and the Yen/AUD cross rate is oh-so-good. Made in Japan Selvedge Jeans?Shoes from Shetland & Fox?Good bottle of nihonshu- the dry stuff from Niigata- Hakkasan is good.Good Japanese whiskey- Bottle of Hibiki, second choice Yamazaki.Canned alpine air? Hello Kitty stuff for the ladyfriend? Kawaii-ne!