or Connect

Posts by gambit50

I think you need to start from scratch. Easy points, Jacket is FAR too short.Eyballing and guessing, 3cm+ needed. Sleeves are FAR too narrow, up and down. You see where the top button is located? That is going to be far too high when jacket is lengthened if still a 2 button. You are a big hombre, naturally. Go with it. Perhaps you are not at fighting weight but it is not as if you are just grossly overweight or with some big belly. Big and powerful is good as long as you...
Was that jacket really made for you? It is entirely too small in so many ways. Did you show the tailor a picture of some slim,short suit on a model and tell him to replicate? Sorry, mate, this is not for you. A true case of appearing as if attempting to fit into your little brother's suit jacket.
What the title says. These are on the 82 Last and worn twice.Size states 12/12.5.Price is CONUS. No shoe trees included but original box and bags are. Will ship Internationally at cost.PM with inquiries or questions. [[SPOILER]]
EG FROME, 12/12.5 Black Calf, worn a couple of times. Will be posted on B&S if interested.
Height does not matter so much as your body proportions. I realize shorter people tend to have proportions that might not be as flattering as taller people but you are dressing yourself, not a norm.The French are not tall(and neither are Italians) so I would not worry about your height. If you are built like a bowling ball, that might be an issue.I don't find any of the 'house' styles to be so extreme that someone with reasonable proportions would look like a fool in their...
Nutcracker, you are just that. Fab job. As for the thread becoming lost, nobody who has laid eyes on it will not search for it and come upon it easily. Perhaps I will have to track you down and enslave you as a shoe shop tour guide when I expect to be there in a few months. That is a joke. Sort of. Tokyo seems never ending in its finds and shops even for locals. Infinite for visitors. I never even came across some of those interesting shops in Roppongi main structures...
I don't know the Scafora RTW quality but if it is anywhere near what one should expect that price strikes me as excellent value. Hopefully, someone can chime in with experience or take the plunge. I'm not in the market but I think this would be very valuable info for members.
Yes, I wanted them in a different Asian location but they want to run the show completely on their own terms which is a fair stance. But I respect the decision and would have also respected not opening any location outside of Paris. I favor exclusivity, actually, not for snobbish reasons but just because at some point it comes upon the slippery slope. As long as they keep their standards, everything is fine.I am not familiar with so many English tailors but enough...
I do not like loooooooong jackets but too short is also awful. I find there is a range of 'proper' on each individual but it is not that large. What makes it all worse, again, is people who are built like pears, hippos, whatever attempting the short/slim outfit. Know thy self.
I can see becnal's point though some of that might be flash in the pic. I think it is alright. Most likely it is not a wedding of the most perfectly dressed people in the world even if they are not horribly dressed. I would probably go with a white shirt, myself, but I think you are fine. And I do not like that certain darker blue(might be named French,Royal) that is worn. Awful in shirts and maybe in general. Though there are certainly darker blues that are fine. And I...