or Connect

Posts by Evil Abed

I picked this up down the street at a shop called International Silks and Woolens. It's a fabric/textile shop that caters to the film/theater industry. I actually went in to see if they had a woven wool similar to one of my grandfather's ties that I have (solid black medium/fine woven wool from Scotland). They didn't. They did point me to an area of silks that pretty much look like they were made for ties... Been contemplating trying to make a few (with all that spare...
It's wool, it's soft... I guess that's a yes?   Same donor had another CB there, but it was an odd pinstriped orph that showed its age. This houndstooth is much more of a timeless piece in comparison. Donor also had several Zegna coats that were older than I've ever seen. Came across the one I picked up first, and I think I let out an audible "aw fuck". I had already looked over the rest of the store and was pretty much content in not picking anything up (my wallet...
Recent grabs...   This one's more of a pure green, not so teal... [[SPOILER]]   Then there's this guy [[SPOILER]]   This one is clean though... Sorry for the crap pic. [[SPOILER]]
Saw RL bags at an OC TJX... All they had were the wool buffalo check bags in green or red. Same pricing, though there were some larger bags as well. Definite tweed envy over here.   Picked up this cool little tool the other day. It's a needle for fixing pulls in fabrics. The knurled end grabs the thread as you push it back through the original hole and it pulls it down into place.  Thought it was pretty cool, works like a charm.
Can/should I message a buyer after a good transaction has taken place to remind them to leave feedback?   Everything went through as planned, left him positive buyer feedback after I saw that he received the item and didn't raise any questions/have any issues. Just figured if he's happy I might want to nudge him a bit... If that's alright to do.
Had a dream that I was looking through ties and found a bunch of Hermes. What's happening to me?
    Found this yesterday as well... Unstructured 3/2, lined shoulders, ready for spring. [[SPOILER]] Available to seasoned thread regulars...
Nataku- not sure... Tried the whole shop, and today was half off pants so they might have left before I got there.   I felt safe picking this one up, orphan or not. If I thought I could ever lose enough weight to fit in this, I'd save it for myself, but it's not in the cards. This one is going to the 'bay unless someone has some Alden wingtips/longwings/other sweet styles in my size...   Quick picture, more soon. H. Huntsman tag on one side, barneys tag on the...
Guys, I've already asked my local homies whose opinions I trust, but I want involvement from the hivemind. Found a stash of H. Huntsman... Orphans. Recent-ish. Pinstriped. A sad but smart pass? Also a smart looking gray wool peak lapel db jacket. Risky flipping right?   I didn't come home empty handed though...
I'm hoping that the presence of will make for some good finds for all of us hitting the racks today.