or Connect

Posts by pendragon

40% off is a substantial discount. Comparing it to used suits on eBay is apples & oranges. You'll be hard pressed to find a store you can walk into and try things on that will beat that.
No idea whether they will work for your body type, but I think the suits are pretty good value. You can get a MTM Golden Fleece for a little over $2k, which is considerably less than you'll pay for OTR suits from any of the high falutin' Italian brands. The fabrics are from Loro Piana et al, and the suits are made by Martin Greenfield, who is well respected. I say go for it. And report back.
Don't know the pants, but their shirts are solid. I'd assume pants to be equally good.
Exellent watches & great value. Prices of the Swiss ETA movements have risen considerably, so he may be using Japanese movements in some models now, but they are all good. You could also consider Kemmner.
Plastic? Zappos says those are leather. ??
You can get MTM from Brooks Bros for $2k. And their off the rack ain't bad either for about half that.
I spent some time looking for the same thing you are. I even had a conversation with Quoddy about making one, and it looks like they gone and done it. If the Quoddy style is too primitive, you could try something like this: : http://www.shipton-usa.com/mens-shoes/mens-deck-sailing-shoes/sloop-mens-chestnut-brown-deck-shoe.html
I'm surprised to see how short the BB jacket is. I expect bum freezers from J Crew, but I thought BB was a bit more conservative.
NEW. Light gray long sleeve cotton shirt by designer Tim Hamilton. (Per the NYT: "Tim Hamilton is a small men’s wear designer with impeccable taste (before starting his own high-end line, he worked at Ralph Lauren and J. Crew)". 100% cotton. (Fabric is like a fine chambray.) Chest pocket. Size medium. (If you fit a medium in Banana Republic etc. this should fit you. It's roughly equivalent to a 15 1/2" collar & 34" sleeves.) Button front & cuffs. Perfect unworn...
NEW. Navy blue long sleeve cotton shirt. Style is like like a polo shirt, but with long sleeves & buttons. 100% cotton pique knit. Size medium. (If you fit a medium in Banana Republic etc. this will fit you. It's roughly equivalent to a 15 1/2" collar & 34" sleeves.) Button front & cuffs. (I think the buttons are MoP, but I'm not sure.) Made in Italy. Quality is similar to Brooks Brothers, etc. Perfect unworn condition.