or Connect

Posts by pendragon

Those measurements look like a 40R, except for the length. However, from the pictures it looks as though it is more like a denim jacket that I would expect to be short. You say you are 6'0" and it is waaay short. Where does it come to on you? Above your belt?
I bought a pair from landsend.com and they were perfectly decent mid range quality.
Neither. They're both out of stock. There are plenty of R Talbott cufflinks floating about the b&s forum.
Any chance of some better pictures?
Put your suit on. Go to a hat store. Try some on. You'll find an individual hat that works.
That length sounds about right. As for the "eyeball and chalk", that's what all tailors do. It's like carpenters making a quck mark with a pencil before cutting. The issue is not so much the method, as whether the tailor has a good eye. Sounds like you'll be fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by mccvi I don't abide... (both the tie tuck as well as most of Thom's stuff). +1. All Thom's stuff looks about three sizes too small, as though it is meant to appeal to guys who still wear suits they had in school.
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 Unless it's extremely lightweight, white flannel sounds like an oxymoron to me. Would you wear flannel in the summer? Have you never heard of cricket?
Jacket looks a little short in the sleeves. Shirt and tie doen't seem to match the suit at all. I'm not sure what is appropriate with a linen suit, but they seem too dressy.
If you're going to a lounge, you should probably wear a leisure suit. Something in a nice velour.