or Connect

Posts by pendragon

Quote: Originally Posted by Horace Um, then how to you pom's say "beauchamp"? Bee-cham
Quote: Originally Posted by PocketCircle If you take this out of your pocket, noone will be able to say a word. They will just bow down. Actually, they will consider you a fashion victim.
For classics, I think a toga would be appropriate.
Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic price and quality have spurious correlation. everything is to do with marketing. You think (there is quality), therefore there is. Nonsense. There is often a direct correlation between quality and price. Good stuff costs more to make. In my industry (boats) high quality fiberglass or stainless steel costs several times as much as the cheapo stuff, and it is NOT obvious to the consumer - until...
I bought these for myself, but the fit doesn't work. (I'm fairly skinny and these are a little full through the thigh & leg for me.) $70 shipped CONUS. THESE ARE NOW SOLD. The fabric is Loro Piana cash/cotton made in Italy, but I'm not sure of the brand, because there is no label. 33 Waist (2" to let and will likely fit a 34 without altering.) 33 1/2 Inseam (2" to let) 11" rise (approx) 12" (x2) at thigh 9" (x2) at ankle Dark Blue (slightly lighter...
I was watching that on eBay, but held back because it said the sleeves were 22 1/2". Can you confirm length and whether they need to be hemmed. The picture is a little dark, but it looks as though they would lose about half an inch for the hem.
It may just be the first picture, but those sleeves look very long. Can they be shortened an inch?
It might depend on where you are measuring from. Top of collar or bottom of collar. Lovely piece, though. If it was 40R, I'd have snapped it up.
You know all your own measurements to the fraction of an inch.
This is the snooty old farts section of style forum. This is where people argue over the finer points of tailoring, or whether cordovan leather should be taken from the left rump of the horse or the right. Shops like H&M or Express sell cheap clothes, which is why they are despised here. As a young 'un you're probably better off on the "streetwear" section.