or Connect

Posts by pendragon

What does "an aggressive sillhouette" mean?
Sell it and find something that fits.
I think the OP has a point. Not many suits have labels blaring, and I don't care if they are out of sight, but I find the growing number of shirt buttons with logos, and shoes with them put me off. There's obviously no point discussing sportswear. That's all about the label.
That look surprisingly mod for PL. I thought all PL was a parody of 30s England. Very nice. If I worked in a world that required suits, I'd jump on it. (But fortunately I don't.) Bump.
Martin Dingman Newport Boat Moccasin in navy blue. Size 10 1/2 (US), medium width (true to size.) I bought these NIB a week ago on eBay knowing they were half a size small for me, but hoping... I wore them for two days before deciding that they're not going to work. They will come in MD shoe bags, but I threw the box away. I'd like to get back what I paid, so $50 plus shipping.. Here's the blurb according to the Martin Dingman site: "...This handsome sport shoe...
Martin Dingman Newport Boat Moccasin in navy blue. Size 10 1/2 (US), medium width (true to size.) I bought these NIB a week ago on eBay knowing they were half a size small for me, but hoping... I wore them for two days before deciding that they're not going to work. They will come in MD shoe bags, but I threw the box away. I'd like to get back what I paid, so $50 plus shipping. Here's the blurb according to the Martin Dingman site: "...This handsome sport...
Quote: Originally Posted by Horace Um, then how to you pom's say "beauchamp"? Bee-cham
Quote: Originally Posted by PocketCircle If you take this out of your pocket, noone will be able to say a word. They will just bow down. Actually, they will consider you a fashion victim.
For classics, I think a toga would be appropriate.
Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic price and quality have spurious correlation. everything is to do with marketing. You think (there is quality), therefore there is. Nonsense. There is often a direct correlation between quality and price. Good stuff costs more to make. In my industry (boats) high quality fiberglass or stainless steel costs several times as much as the cheapo stuff, and it is NOT obvious to the consumer - until...