or Connect

Posts by pendragon

I just washed four different cashmere sweaters, from Macy's, Costco, Facionable & Borrelli. I put them in the machine on a cold / delicate cycle, and then layed them flat on a towel to dry. All came out fine. No loss of color, no pilling, no shrinkage. And they all felt nicer after washing than before. YMMV.
Looks legit. But to be honest, who cares?
Yes, it would be pretty easy. And yes, they could screw it up.
I can confirm that it is a shirt.
I just bought a white shirt from the good folk at FIH, and thought I'd offer my two rupees. Fine cotton. Nice MOP buttons, but not overly large so they button easily. Slim fit, without being excessively so. It ain't a Borrelli, but overall it's a good quality shirt, at a good price and with good service.
1950 Raw just showed up. Perfect fit. Thanks, oh denim Ninja.
I have that in Steerhide, and it's taken me 15 years to break it in. For the first decade or so, it will creak and groan with every movement. And after 20 years or so, when it finally begins to get a little worn, you can send it back to Aero to be rebuilt. Bulletproof.
Try the streetwear forum.
I just bought an old BB GF cashmere coat and I love it. Stylewise, it is quite tradtional, but that's a good thing. It carries a weight of old money that is still recognized by even the lowest-browed knuckleheads. I considered the current fashion for 3/4 length / car coats, but realised that I usually wear a coat when it's cold out. (Doh!) In which temperatures, the shorter length will leave your knees shivering. As for price, it's good value. Serious...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrobjr In real-world terms, people are getting truly nervous about spending money on luxuries. I suspect, however, that B&S will remain relatively stronger than B&M full-retail sales. Not sure if I agree with this. I don't sell clothes, but I've sold about $1m of boats in the last couple of months, so it feels like things are picking up. YMMV.