Posts by pendragon

Luxire are sending me a remade shirt to accommodate the shrinkage on the first one. I consider it good of them to stand by their promise, so I am happy to pay the shipping. The original is now available on B&S: http://www.styleforum.net/t/536819/luxire-white-shirt-15-x-32-33/0_30
Yep, machine wash & dry. I gave up hand-washing when the dinosaurs died, and I don't want a bathroom full of wet shirts hanging out to dry. If it can't survive the old shake & bake, it goes...
Wrong place.
I never drive in my shoes. I leave them outside the door when I get in the car. That way they can be polished by the time I return.
Well, I put my new shirt through a cycle of wash & dry, and it has shrunk so much as to be unwearable. This despite the assurance on their website that there is no need to allow for shrinkage. I presume each fabric is different, but the Lustrous Fine White definitely shrinks. I would advise adding an inch to the chest, and half an inch to the collar & sleeves. I have contacted Luxire about it, and I'll be interested to see how they respond. In the meantime, if anyone...
If you like Barba shirts, you can buy them directly from their website: http://shop.barbanapoli.com/en
Do you have measurements? And how does it reverse?
I just received my first Luxire shirt. Lustruous fine white, mop buttons, etc. I used measurements from an old Robert Talbot / Nordstrom MTM shirt, so fit is pretty good. It was ten years old, so I may tweak to allow for the extra age/weight on any future orders. Before I do, I'm going to wash it a few times. Does anyone have experience with the amount of shrinkage? Also, the MOP buttons may well be genuine MOP, but they feel a little cheap. Is it possible to order...
Two Barba Napoli Gold Label Shirts. This is Barba's highest quality. So, the cotton is grown on Antonellus Sprezzatura's personal plantation in Egypt; woven by his grandmother while reciting the rosary; and then hand-sewn by his virgin daughters, Annunziata & Leonilda, on their wedding day. And of course the buttons are hand-carved from shells brought up by native pearl divers from at least 100' depths in the Sulu Archipelago... Both are labelled 15 1/2, but actual...
People actually wear these?