or Connect

Posts by MarioImpemba

Wow, that looks incredible man. Well done.   I am agonizing over what jacket I want and what features. Armor? Lots of venting?   $1k Langlitz in cowhide? Lost Worlds or Aero in horsehide? $500 Fox Creek new? Used Vanson or Schott for $200-300? TOJ horsehide for $850?   I like horsehide for the weatherproofing, but I've read so much on the horsehide vs. steer/cowhide, and it seems to come down to leather source and selection more than type. And you can always...
  I wish I knew. All the local cobblers have hit-or-miss reviews on yelp, and everything online for mail-ins is spendy. =/       Rain won't harm leather.     They are rust. I guess the shade was throwing off my wb as they appear more #8 CXL toned. The bottom, top-view pic is pretty accurate in color. The Saphir darkened them up, and then I used Brown Kiwi on the toe.
Without fully understand what each would look like, this was my initial thought as well; don't conflate aesthetics.
Does anyone have experience with any local cobblers?
Thanks! I used Saphir Renovateur, which gave them a nice overall satin sheen with lots of brushing. Then, I used Kiwi Neutral on the toe, applied generously, melted it down with a lighter, then brushed and buffed.
Coming up on 1 year of wear.               Getting real close to needing a resole as the sole is starting to get soft. Wish there was an online cobbler that would do a Commando for less than a bill...
  LOL, I know that feeling... Great boots btw!
#CasualFriday  
  LOL. Thanks for the PSA. I almost want to try this now just to witness it. 
  Interesting. Appreciate the reply.