or Connect

Posts by MarioImpemba

I picked up this Bell Star for $300:       http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/hot+deals/street+helmets+40-70+percent+off/bell_star+livin+large+helmet   It was too tight for my wire glasses, by now it's not bad getting them in there going through the face shield opening.   Also had to get a Bell for the photochromic transition shield which works great, as I don't have prescription sunglasses.
Standard Merm brouging on the toe still might be a nice touch. Not super keen on calf plain-toes; been there, done that, wrote the movie, sold the rights. Dah well. Opinions...
I would love to see something like this in plum museum:     Esp with the ram-horn brouging.
  To be honest, I don't even understand the hatchgrain thing, which is why I haven't been on board with this MTO.   Definitely down for a chiseled last, though Ben seems adequate.
  Mine smell chemical leathery.
  UPDATE: I emailed Filson today asking if there were any updates, as I had not heard and took my rucksack to the Portland store over a week ago. I got a call same-day, telling me it will be covered under warranty @no-cost, and should be completed by the end of the week.   Great customer service! So far, all the American companies I've dealt with eventually came through with great service.
For those keeping score, my UPS note says I owe $41. Bummer.
Awesome Victory. Made in USA!
I wasn't home, so UPS didn't leave my package    These pictures are killing me. I should know better by now to have things shipped to work. Dying to caress mine .
  I reco'ed this so I will defend it.   Firstly, I learned on this bike and had absolutely no issues endangering myself due to the power delivery because:   1. The powerband is extremely linear and predictable. I have the M2, which has Sportster cams and is tuned for mid-range torque. It revs like a lug, unlike a japanese 4cylinder, so it's hard to rev too high when easing out the clutch from stops. 2. I can go wide-open in 2nd and it won't lift the front. The bike is...