or Connect

Posts by trlhtn

Yep I didn't pay anywhere near the full price either. Where did you get a SAB for $900? I'm assuming used?
Totally agree with that. At the full $900 range you can get some pretty fantastic offerings from frank clegg and other small leather workshops. But you cannot beat the Filson warranty- that's originally why I went with Filson.
My original brown satchel that was replaced unsuccessfully was the "current" generation of satchel with the updated lock. By the model number (252) I probably had the first generation with the new lock. The ones with the thinner/flimsier leather were 70252s. The satchel is now at 11070252 on Filson's site. I still have my Filson gift card sitting as I won't buy a field satchel until I know for sure that the leather is of the old Filson quality. In all honesty it was...
Two gusset strap around. 
 Ordered a tan Grantchester with my only modification being a small newspaper pocket on the back. Will post pics once I receive it. 
  I was happy to see this. Am placing an order later today. 
more info as to where you got it from?
I actually had a brown field satchel before my black one. I sent that one in for repairs to Filson cause I believe it was an older one that was improperly stored and the leather started to crack in certain places. During the time Filson was repairing it, I ordered a black field satchel. Later Filson determined that instead of repairing the brown satchel they would just replace it. The brown one they sent in return was visibly thinner and lighter/ flimsier than the black...
It's a pretty solid bag which I attribute to the quality of the leather. I later ordered a brown field satchel and it was so disappointing compared to my black one. Was thinner and didn't hold its shape as well as my black one. Ended up returning back to filson
Here's a pic of my black field satchel after about a year and half of use back and forth from school and work and multiple trips on an airplane. Frankly the weakest link is the right strap. One strap is nice and thick and solid while the right one is limp and shapeless.