or Connect

Posts by ASander

Whoever bought this, if it doesn't work out let me know. I'll take it off your hands, as I've been wanting this cardigan for a while.  
I think the shirt looks good overall but I do have one gripe. That "Italianate" shoulder does not do it for me at all. I just think that if the goal (as stated) is to create a really luxurious AND classic OCBD, then that ruffling effect at the shoulders does not work. Makes it look more like a women's dress shirt.
  Don't own any of this season's herringbone Ludlows (am waiting for a sale since their pricing is too high), but I tried on a few in store. I do own a Ludlow worsted wool suit from a few seasons ago. The proportions look good to me...but I can't really relate to how it fits on other body types. I would imagine J Crew is designing the regular length jackets for someone who is 5'11 - 6'3. Again, I prefer a low button stance/narrower lapel, shorter length jacket, so the 42R...
  Then why not look at some brands that you can find similarly priced (especially since there are frequently sales)... Brooks Brothers/Ralph Lauren spring to mind as fairly accessible brands doing a more trad lapel width and cut.
I couldn't agree more, the low button stance is perfect. I'm 6'3 and broad shouldered, so that probably plays a role in my preference for a lower button stance which I feel helps lengthen the torso.   Do you guys find the narrow lapels as much of an issue on the sportcoats as opposed to the suit jackets? While I wouldn't mind a slightly wider lapel, I have to say that on the herringbone jackets, the narrow lapel helps modernize what can otherwise be a pretty stodgy look.
It may not fall into the "charitable" category, but Apolis is a clothing company whose mission I admire.   Additionally, their clothes that I've owned are well made and look good.
Thanks for the feedback. Right now I'm leaning A-1 because the styling seems to fit my wardrobe a bit better, but a lot of the Harrington pics are making it a tough decision.   After navy, burgundy is another color I'd consider. With the suede options being so open, its really hard for someone like me to visualize the final product without seeing finished examples. Of course I would imagine that's where the team at the Temple could lend their expertise on what would look...
Suede Harrington or Suede A-1 Blouson?   I'm interested in the forum members (and Drew's) opinion on which of these better represents what ToJ is all about, and if there is a general consensus on which is the most baller suede jacket.  
I'd definitely be interested in some next level OCBDs.   Are there any further thoughts on the "Ultimate Varsity" mentioned right before the hiatus? There weren't really any details given, but I'm curious to see what direction that could take.