or Connect

Posts by devo666

Bumping this thread as I guess Alton Lane is opening up a Chicago location.  Any experiences with Alton Lane other than what's already been noted here (and in other threads from search, e.g., "my suit vs alton lane")?   I'm primarily interested in their MTM shirts if anyone else has tried them.  Opinions on their suits are also welcome, but based on the lack of reviews, the shoulders on the fit pic posted above, and the pretty-decent fit I can get at Suit Supply, I'm...
 Your height/build sound very similar to mine.  I have this alternative apparel hoody in Sm and it fits pretty well (slim, not super long although I'd prefer it a little shorter).  http://www.zappos.com/alternative-apparel-rocky-zip-hoodie-eco-true-navy?ef_id=UugdRwAAAVeVMVzL:20140425205429:s.  Look at the eco True navy color pick (have no idea what's going on w/ fit in the black pic, but it looks awful). Have received compliments on it.  It's kind of retro looking and...
 A lot of people would recommend to get a navy suit as your first one for biz professional, but darker grey (like a charcoal) is probably fine too.  If you really wanted grey for the suit, the Napoli grey faux-uni looks fine and the Napoli grey plain would probably be alright too although it's a little lighter.  I would avoid the Napoli Antra pinstripe; you usually don't want pinstripes for your first suit (or second - although, those pinstripes don't stand out that...
I'm normally a 38S (have suit supply jackets in 36S and 38S - in my experience, the fit varies across their different jackets and cuts), live in Chicago, and I rarely find much in my size in the Chicago store.  I suspect you might have the same problem.  Before you make a trip to the store, you might want to call the to see what kind of stock they have in your size. As far as determining your size, if I were you, I would take advantage of Suit Supply's free shipping/free...
I just received this.  I'd say it's almost a charcoal-ish grey with maybe a green tint.  Doesn't really look green.  Might try to get some pictures later if I can get better lighting. I'm really happy with it, especially at the price.  Actually like that it's grey-looking rather than green.  I was worried about shortening the sleeves because of suit supply's functioning buttons (I'm 5'7" 38S - I bought 38R).  Then I read another comment saying that they received it and it...
PM sent.
hahaha, late to the thread but my thoughts exactly.  i can't afford bespoke suits but i'm still considering hanger project.
How does his stuff fit widthwise?  I've looked and was worried that it might be kind of boxy on me...or just not tapered the right way for my build.  I'm 5' 6/7" (depending on the day) and weigh ~155.  Have a fairly athletic build - usually wear a 38s jacket and have a 29/30 waist.  I typically buy trim/slim fit clothes but a lot of times they're longer than I like for shirts and jackets.   By the way guys, if anyone has a similar build, I really like Levi's 513 slim...
These are some great tips.  Think a book I read, maybe Alan Flusser's Dressing the Man, covered a lot of these.   Also, maybe besom pockets instead of flapped.  Helps preserve the vertical lines and trimmer silhouette.
i have pretty much the same issue.  one decent solution i've found is varvatos star usa dress pants in 32 waist and then i have a tailor take them down to 30 waist.  they're fairly fitted through the leg, so you don't have the extra fabric in the thigh problem (at least, i don't).  unfortunately, they can be pricey.  they usually have a bunch on sale at the barney's warehouse sale in NYC if you're in that area.   any other good brands for this problem?  small waist,...