or Connect

Posts by Arche

These are some pieces I picked up a while ago. I've posted a pic of the jacket before. I'm posting them now because I'm thinking of selling the jacket and the trousers, and I'm interested to hear what people think. The knit is also YYPH, but I'm definitely keeping that.    My main concern with the trousers is the size. They navy blue 100% wool, (code HI so apparently AW 97), size XL. If they are from 1997 they are in excellent shape for their age. This may be a...
. . . and yet another YYPH footwear post! I've just picked up these fabulous YYPH shoes. I was thinking of getting those SS2012 boots, but I actually have quite a few pairs of boots already, but no shoes that really go with my Yohji stuff. These really caught my eye. They have a great shape and a bit of a Chaplinesque look to them which I love. The code is HJ so they are either AW2004 or SS2010. From the look of the soles (in another image) they've barely been worn, so I...
David, these are the boots I mean (maybe I got the season wrong):    
I've got another footwear question, specifically for anyone (Ivwri?) who has a pair of those blue SS 2012 cap-toe boots. I usually wear size EU 43 in boots. Would this correspond to a 3 or a 4 in those boots?
Speaking of YYPH footwear, a pair of boots I purchased recently just arrived. I'm pretty sure they are from A/W 2003. I picked them up quite cheap, and I really like the style, which reminds me of some circa 1900's boots I've seen on Ebay. However, now that I've tried them with some YYPH outfits, I'm not certain they suit the oversized look, mostly because they are quite slim and pointy. They're great boots, so I'll definitely wear them with non-Yohji stuff as well, but...
Thanks for that info David. Now I'm not sure what to think. The seller claims he bought it from the Conduit St store on sale, over ten years ago, and that the two pieces where sold as a suit, even though the tags don't match. As I mentioned a while back, my girlfriend is a clothing historian and pretty good at spotting a well-made piece, and she thinks its very well-made, and very unlikely to be a cheap fake. If it is a fake, the only thing I can think of is that it's a...
Hmm, after reading your post, I had a closer look at the label and I'm very surprised to say that I think I may have a fake on my hands. I've compared the grey Yohji Yamamoto tag with the ones on some of my other jackets, and I've noticed that the French text seems to be misspelt. This jacket has "INSTRCTIONS" and "ETIQETTE" instead of "INSTRUCTIONS" and "ETIQUETTE." The weird thing is that the trousers sold with the jacket look legitimate. They have the normal care tag...
Auburn, Yes, I did check the fabric code on the trousers, which is how I worked out that they must be from S/S 2002 (also because of the light-weight). The issue is that the care tag in the jacket doesn't have the fabric code on the back as is normally the case. Also, while the trousers are made in Japan, the jacket is made in France. So, I'm trying to narrow down what season the jacket might be from on the basis of the fact that it's made in France, as I said above. I...
One of my other recent purchases just arrived. It's a simple YYPH suit, elegant without any unusual features. I picked it up figuring that I need a few more day-to-day Yohji pieces, to balance out the wild end of my Yohji wardrobe.The trousers are from S/S 2002 as far as I can tell, but I think the jacket must have been bought at a different time, because the labels are different. The jacket is clearly also S/S because it has what seems like the same relatively...
My F/W 2006 jacket arrived a few days ago, so I'm posting a few fit pics. It's an amazing piece, and I was lucky enough to get it NWT. The fabric is a very soft, luxurious wool. As Asobu suggested it's not gabardine at all, but some kind of flannel or similar. It is very deep black (not shiny at all, as the runway photo suggests). The construction is amazing. It has a total of 10 pockets (what I initially thought might be slits on the front are, in fact, all pockets of...