or Connect

Posts by Arche

I'm inclined to agree that it seems unlikely that there would be much financial sense in faking YYPH, especially to a quality high enough that it could pass for the real thing.   On another note, I recently managed to buy a pair of YYPH trousers to match that "baroque" AW 2006 jacket I showed a while back. They just arrived this morning and they are fabulous: size 4, incredibly soft wool flannel, a nice taper, and an interesting high-waisted cut, with two fly buttons...
Interesting that this issue of possibly fake YYPH items has come up. I'm kind of interested in this issue, so I hope others won't mind if I bring it up again. If I was somewhere with a Yohji store, I would be interested to ask staff whether they have heard of fake YYPH items floating around. Maybe if anyone is in London and happens to visit the Conduit Street store they could ask? I'm still not sure about the jacket that came with the suit I bought. The trousers seem to...
I've just put a lower starting price on the YYPH AW 1996 jacket I have up on Ebay (the one with the slashed sleeves), so hopefully this will tempt someone. Of course it's all going to end up being funnelled back into other YYPH purchases! 
Despite some interest from the locals, nobody went for the YYPH pleated blazer I had up on Ebay. I really need to sell this, so I'm re-listing with a lower starting price. Same goes for the YYPH wool trousers. As before, PM me if you want links.
Some YYPH trousers I bought recently have just arrived, and to my great annoyance I've discovered that the seller's measurements weren't accurate, so they don't fit me comfortably. Regretfully, I'm going to have to put them up on Ebay as well as the others. Just let me know if you want a link. They are 50/50 wool/rayon. The code is HV-P37-169. They are a size 3. As you can see they've got buttons for suspenders. They also have buttons at the cuffs. Here's a...
If anyone is interested, I've just posted a couple of YYPH pieces on Ebay: the pleated blazer from SS 2003 I mentioned recently, and a pair of navy blue wool gabardine trousers. If anyone is interested, send me a message and I'll give you the links. 
Here's a fit pic with a few new things: hat, shirt, and shoes.        YYPH Hat AW 2002 (I think) HM-H08-736. Beautiful, charcoal grey pony leather, great shape. YYPH coat, AW 1999, size M. One of the first I bought, and still a favorite. YYPH SS 2010 (again I think) HJ-B09-004, size 4. Lovely thick and soft cotton, with an interesting pocket detail on the front: some pocket flaps that turn out to be purely ornamental. YYPH shoes, probably AW 2004,...
This is just an interest check. I'm planning on selling the following jacket from S/S 2003. I bought it when I was still feeling my way into Yohji sizing and proportions, and, despite being only a size 3, I find this a bit too big for for me, especially in the shoulders. It's 100% wool gabardine (code 101) partially lined, and has two interesting features. Firstly, there is a kind of "skirt" of pleats which extends from the front on one side, right around to the middle...
The last few days have seen some great surprises and one big disappointment, Yohji-wise. To my great annoyance, I got outbid, at the last minute, on one of the zipper coats from 04 (the longer one with the zipper down one sleeve). I just hope it was won by one of the deserving contributors to this thread! It was a size 3, and 4 is usually best for me, so perhaps it was all to the best anyway, since it might have turned out to be every so slightly tight in the shoulders....
David, thanks for the response. Although I think I agree with you that they look a bit short, I'm pretty sure those sleeves are meant to be like that. If you have a look at the runway image you'll notice that the model's shirt cuffs are poking out (admittedly they are quite long), and the sleeves seem to end at more or less exactly the wrists, even though the jacket is clearly quite big on him. Standing normally, with my arms down at my sides, the sleeves come to a...