or Connect

Posts by Arche

Hi all, I'm planning to sell the AW 2012 knit in this picture, in size 3, (except in a light grey version) soon. So I just thought I would see if anyone here is interested. I love the knit itself, but I'm wearing mostly black, and it just doesn't seem to work with my wardrobe. The knit is a mix of alpaca and silk, and is extremely soft and warm, and has a great distressed look, in the form of areas where the knitting appears to be coming undone, creating a kind of...
The "Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme" is still visible on the insole, but I can't see any season code. My partner, who worked as a shoemaker once, thinks the boots could probably be fixed by a decent shoe-repairer. But I'm disappointed with the quality (I thought the decrease in quality was more characteristic of recent season's shoes), so I think I'll just ask for a refund. Very disappointing. Actually, on the subject of DM's, I haven't owned any for about 20 years, but I've...
A package arrived today, but annoyingly, the boots I ordered are damaged. I thought I would ask if anyone can give me some advice. If Kiko is right, these boots are from the AW 2004 collection, which makes them 9 years old. The top is in very good condition, with almost no marks, and only very light wrinkling in one spot. The bottom of the rubber soles is also barely worn. However, the soles themselves (which are a lot like Dr. Martens soles) started peeling off as soon as...
Thanks David and Kiko. I actually looked briefly at SS 2005, but somehow missed these. I think it's because the runway photos I've found are all from fairly far away, so the details aren't clearly visible. But I can see them now. Funny, I wouldn't have picked it for a spring/summer jacket. To me, and in the photo Benesyed posted, the fabric of the jacket looks quite thick, so I was expecting it to be a winter piece, with a weight similar to the "parachute" jacket that both...
Does anyone know the season of this YYPH jacket Benesyed is wearing? I haven't noticed it before in any of the runway pictures I've seen.  
In reply to the discussion of oversized coats, the big wool coat I posted a while ago seems quite similar in shape to the one David posted above, though the lapels are different. I asked my partner about the distinctive shape of the coat I have which, as I mentioned in a previous post, seems to have extra wide shoulders relative to the width of the body. She thought that it was reminiscent of a style of 19th century greatcoat, though I can't remember the details. 
I just found these great YYPH boots, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what season they might be from. Also, to me they look like a YYPH/Dr.Martens collaboration. However, they are apparently made in Italy, so maybe not. I'll find out in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, I thought I would see if any of the resident experts can satisfy my curiosity:)  [[SPOILER]]
Thanks Kiko, this is exactly the shirt. The leaf pattern on the underneath collar is much like the one on the jacket. I remember seeing this whole suit for sale in a size 4 and loving the detailing, but the tan and brown colour scheme didn't really appeal to me. It looks great on the model though.    David, just out of interest, do you know if the matching full length multi-pocket trousers from 2006 were available in cotton? I can't tell from looking at the runway shots...
Here's lots of black with a burst of intense colour.Two new purchases: Firstly, the very flamboyant, bright red, silk/cotton shirt I mentioned above (not sure of the collection yet), size 3 but roomy, beautiful fabric, and impressive attention to detail, including a double collar, with a kind of cut out leaf-motif on the hidden, lower collar (hard to describe, but will take close-ups on another occasion.) Secondly, a SS 2006 reversible coat. I think this is almost the same...
This is an interesting question indeed. I've tried to integrate a few colourful pieces into my growing Yohji wardrobe. My brightest so far is a new acquisition: a very intense red silk/cotton shirt with a kind of ruffle of different fabrics down the placket. The construction and fabric are amazing, but it is pretty flamboyant, and I'll have to wait and see how I feel wearing it. However, in general, I do find myself drawn to the black gabardine, for a number of reasons....