or Connect

Posts by raneym305

By "sturdy" I mean, the large duffle can bend or fold in the middle while carrying it by the strap if it's not packed full enough. This doesn't alter the comfort or weight distribution at all, it was just something that aesthetically bothered me. Unlike most cheap duffle bags, Filson's don't have any plastic or cardboard reinforcements in the bottom to keep it stiff.Again, this is only my two cents. Mustardontoast, if this doesn't bother you, or you only plan on using the...
Don't get me wrong, Filson makes a damn good duffle. I've purchased a small and a large; but the small is now used as a gym bag and the large was commandeered by my little brother. I just find the lack of additional compartments and/or interior straps hindering when using the duffles for a multi-activity trip (i.e. separating shoes, wet clothes, dress shirts). When traveling, I often need a nicer outfit for going out on the town or taking out a client, as well as an outfit...
First off, I personally am not a fan of the duffles. They are not sturdy enough and are not as functional as the other bags. Funtion is very important on a multi-day trip.With that being said...I just took a large carry-on (style #70242) on a 5 day fishing and sailing trip and it was packed pretty full so, unless you are an extremely light packer, I don't think it would cut it for "a week or so".The pullman (style #70243) has a similar design (fully opens and lays flat...
Dealing directly with Filson has been the easiest customer service experience I've ever had. I brought in a pair of the Sebago boots yesterday because some of the thread had come unraveled in the back and the leather was starting to come apart. These boots were about 3 months old, but I didn't have the original box or even a receipt. I was just hoping I could pay them to restitch the leather. Without any hesitation Hilda scoured the store looking for a replacement pair of...
Someone posted something on here a little while ago about movies that feature Filson products... Since then, I pay close attention to every piece of luggage in a movie (my wife finds this extremely annoying)... Mark Wahlburg also uses a (medium, I assume) otter green duffel in Contraband.
I'm an Irish guy. Tullamore Dew 12 year old Special Reserve... Not that it's relevant to this thread.
I appreciate a good expensive whiskey as much as any guy, but when it comes to my standard drink, I go for Tullamore Dew 12 year.
Sounds like the 257 will be a perfect fit. As a student, you never know what you'll have to bring to class next quarter.Let us know what you think. I'm sure you're not the only student checking this forum for advice on Filson bags.
I just found these pictures on my work phone. A few weeks ago, abuddy of mine was asking if he should buy my old 258 from me or get a smaller bag. I took some pictures of my 256 that I use daily to give him an idea of the capacity.   I apologize for the poor photo quality.   Top Down view of my 256 and it's contents   This day's contents: Netbook charger, Rayban's in case, 13" netbook, a couple folders with contracts and promotional packets (about 1/4" thick each),...
  I can't imagine that Filson wouldn't take care of this. They are, hands down, the most accomodating company I've ever come across.