or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
By the way, the last few pages of comments are so on point with what I was looking for in terms of concepts and principles that I can work with. I can take these insights and build on them moving forward. I am so in awe of people who can just look at something artistically and put a fit together but that's not me. I need to analyze, develop principles, blah blah blah. You guys are rockin it!
 Thanks for the great in depth advice! You are right about my body shape and it is the reason I have avoided true skinny jeans my whole life. One of the reasons I wanted to get opinions about the fit of these is because I felt like they were kind of borderline for me and you have explained why perfectly. Thanks for the advise on how I might use them too. So I'm guessing that you are in the "keep them" category with these?  That is a very cool jacket, definitely something I...
I like em. They were bought as a stop-gap before we get a house. My wife insists on all new furniture when that happens though.  
The dog keeps me. Everything else is expendable. Here is my attempt at better pics although I'm afraid it's the best I can do at the moment. Added shoes.  
Ok, I'm looking for some general advice here. I need to figure out whether to keep these or return them. Are they too slim?   
 Thanks for the feedback. If you aren't sure what to recommend perhaps you can tell me what is wrong fit-wise. Could it be slimmer/fuller? Tapered a bit more?
Trying to stay with the simplicity theme.  
This may well be true, however my own anecdotal experience runs counter to yours. Perhaps it's a generational thing but many of the best dressed people I know are the oldest and most senior. On the other hand, a senior administrator I know dresses like he is going to the field every day. Probably a symptom of being an archeologist! I do think you have a good point about the emphasis on learning and academic achievement, as does Clags. However I think it is wise to be...