or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

For me, I just don't like their designs. The ones I've seen have been clunky, and wide. That's fine for someone with large hands I guess, but you can certainly get slimmer stocks out there. Besides that the aesthetics leave much to be desired.
Those are nice. I'm leaning toward tulipwood but as yet I haven't found any that I like.
Thanks for the reply. I have Eagle Grips for my two Ruger Bisley Vaqueros and I am strongly considering them for the 686. Most of their wood offerings are rosewood, however, and I'm not seeing much in the way of exotics for an L frame. I've looked at Hogue and I don't really like what I see. I've never been a fan of them, though.
I may be biased by I would recommend Kentucky if that's what you want. You'll get some snow, but not often enough to get pissed off about it. The economy is growing really fast too. Not like Chicago (which is probably going to post a net loss in population in the next census, btw). If you want it even colder then I'd say Indiana. 
Something to drool over. The "good" hi-power (w/Esmeralda stocks). I've been curious over the Nighthawks but the price is a bit high considering you can have a T series for less.  
 I have two. A T series from the 1960s that is one of the nicest shooters I've ever had. I also have a MK III which is ok. My suggestion is to try and find a vintage T or C series. The new production models are fine, but they aren't anything special.   You should be scared. I moved here from Kentucky and the shock was terrible. I can't wait to move back to a free state.
I get that, and your concerns aren't nothing. However, I doubt there was any intent to deceive and because of that it's hard for me to see this as a bait and switch in any way. Could things have been handled better? Yes. Are they trying to cheat you and steal your money? No.
The endangered part was kind of a joke. But you can actually have grips made out of endangered would as long as it's all stock and was harvested before the tree was put on the endangered list. At least I think that's how it works. I had forgotten about Esmeralda. I have some on my hi power and like them a lot.
Something expensive and preferably endangered. I know there are a lot of makers out there but hardly any offer anything truly rare or exotic.
Outlasted some guy on Gun Broker for this lovely no-dash 686. As we speak it is rocketing toward my local FFL and will be in jail for a few days while I wait out my 3 day Illinois Communism period. So, does anyone make exotic wood stocks for these anymore? All I'm seeing is douchey imitation BS.