or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Oh come on, you know you'd notice it. 
True, DBs do have an extra layer in the front but, at least for me, the back is more important. If the back stays relatively cool then it can be alright. On the other hand, FL is just plain hot and you are often going to sweat when you are outside no matter what you are wearing.
Don't discount it in the heat. Even heavier linen/cotton blends can often be cool. It's more about the open weave than the weight.
FWIW, leaving the second cuff button undone looks affected to me. On the other hand, it's certainly not worth getting in a huff over.
I have some single actions with hammer mounted firing pins, but my Rugers all have transfer bars. Whatever the case, snap caps are simply easier IMO. No messing around. The only PITA is using snap caps with a lever gun. I had to shave down a snap cap so the rim was gone on one half of it. That way it wouldn't eject every time I moved the lever. I miss cowboy action shooting...
Wow, thanks for the info. I suspected that frame mounted pins might be more susceptible, but I never knew for sure.
 Have you ever actually broken a firing pin due to dry firing? I used to do a lot of single action competitive shooting and I always dry fired with snap caps, but I was always curious as to how harmful it actually is. I've never heard of anyone breaking a pin because of it.
Personally I have never had an issue with MIM parts. They might indeed be weaker than forged parts, but I imagine that in the real world this difference in negligible. Given the choice, however, I would opt for forged parts so I get what you are saying. As for the lock, I agree, it looks like garbage an I would be mortified if it ever locked up my 438 (the only S&W I have with a lock) and I'd probably never use it for carry again. All in all, I'd say the new stuff S&W...
Yeah, hit me up if you move here. There are some nuances and oddities (contradictions) to the gun laws in IL.
If it were me I'd probably renew it anyway. Even if you move to a state that doesn't recognize it, you are still recognized in many other states which you may end up visiting often for work. I keep my KY license even though it is no good in IL because no one recognizes an IL license, so when I travel I can still carry. In any case, if you've got the license then carry, man! It's there to protect you.