or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Mind posting pics when you get a chance? 
Something casual. Maybe a plain toe blucher. I don't think I want a whole cut. 
 You really think so? I tend to think black tie attire looks rather incongruous on anything other than a proper black tie jacket. I mean, true, most people probably won't give a hoot, but one of the reason black suits are so hated is because they aren't formal, they aren't casual, and they aren't good for CBD. BTW, welcome @TylerDurden1 
Speaking of shoes, I'm beginning to think I really need some kind of shells.
 I thought it was kind of interesting, actually. If we eventually get back to shoes, that's fine. lol
I wouldn't wear black brogues with blue jeans either, but it has nothing to do with formality. Browns simply work better in that case IMO.
 I understand that you may not think this exercise is important but there are whole fields of people who have dedicated their academic lives to understanding subjects like these (if not conforming to them). I realize I run the risk of making myself look like someone who is espousing the intellectual equivalent of "art for art's sake" but I assure you nothing could be further from the truth. Understanding things like these are interesting because it gives us a basis for...
I really think you are missing my point. I'm not saying that to be a dick, I'm just saying it because it's true. This is what I'm trying to say... The fact is that some people believe something IS a fact. What they believe may not be verifiable but whether or not they believe in it, IS verifiable. That's a large part of what the field of intellectual history is based on. It doesn't matter whether what they believe is a verifiable fact or not, the fact lies in that a group...
I don't know if this is an accurate description of what people on SF attempt to do. You seem to be saying (correct me if I'm wrong) that some people on SF attempt to somehow conflate personal preference, whether it be for adherence to traditional norms or to more progressive principles, into verifiable fact. This is not at all the case. The attempt within SF to to define these characteristics based on evidence is, rather, an attempt to accurately identify traditional...
I believe that is incorrect. I do not believe the relative rarity of this kind of shoe is based solely on what I am looking at. The anecdotal evidence in this thread supports this assumption. The verifiable evidence of what shoemakers are offering also supports it very strongly. Also, I believe you're mistaking levels of evidence. Whether or not I believe a specific style is avant garde is not the issue. The issue is whether or not other people believe it, which again, the...