or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Oh yeah, the triggers are definitely an issue. I had to replace the springs in my 438 to get it anywhere near my old police Mod. 10. I don't know if it's a purposeful thing or not. I suppose years of use could have softened the old triggers up, though.
Yeah, I like em. For some reason not having the firing pin on the hammer bothers me.
  [[SPOILER]]
Well folks, it's a shooter alright. As most of us are, I was paranoid about this used gun, thinking I might get a lemon or something someone had abused. I can honestly say that the cylinder lockup is one of the tightest I've ever seen. Much better than my newer Smiths.    Bullseyes have a 6 shot group offhand at 21 feet.   
Spectacular.
Sorry I haven't been around lately. I love the recent looks. @Orgetorix what kind of buttons are those on your blazer? @MoneyWellSpent, I love that look.
For me, I just don't like their designs. The ones I've seen have been clunky, and wide. That's fine for someone with large hands I guess, but you can certainly get slimmer stocks out there. Besides that the aesthetics leave much to be desired.
Those are nice. I'm leaning toward tulipwood but as yet I haven't found any that I like.
Thanks for the reply. I have Eagle Grips for my two Ruger Bisley Vaqueros and I am strongly considering them for the 686. Most of their wood offerings are rosewood, however, and I'm not seeing much in the way of exotics for an L frame. I've looked at Hogue and I don't really like what I see. I've never been a fan of them, though.
I may be biased by I would recommend Kentucky if that's what you want. You'll get some snow, but not often enough to get pissed off about it. The economy is growing really fast too. Not like Chicago (which is probably going to post a net loss in population in the next census, btw). If you want it even colder then I'd say Indiana.