Posts by Caustic Man

^^^ For what it's worth, this is spot on, and it part of my philosophy as well. The following of rules other than dress codes is, I suspect, something created largely (thought perhaps not entirely) by middle class folks attempting to imitate their betters.
The idea with bowties is that, when tied, they should not extend past your eyes. This is just general good sense when it comes to proportionality. Nothing to do with the lapels.
 I wonder if my dissertation readers would buy this...
Crust, a man like you doesn't get dressed up. He simply gets dressed. It is implied that you will look great.

I'm writing this post because I have very much appreciation for David Hober indeed. A few months ago I approached him to inquire about whether he would be willing to accept a commission for several regimental ties for the veterans of my Army unit, the 2nd BN, 1st INF RGT. David, being a lover of history, and having a family connection to the military himself, was enthusiastic about the project. We took my unit's distinctive unit insignia, pictured here, and began work on...
 Thin lapels are a trad/ivy classic. Brooks Brothers is a trad/ivy legacy company. Not saying that's why they designed it this way, but it makes sense.
I also confirmed and have not received a tracking number.