or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Both make excellent squares. Kent Wang makes good ones too.
 I agree with this. I have seen tassel loafer in Europe frequently and I actually still have a pair that I purchased from a European store in the Middle East. On the other hand, where else but the U.S. can you buy weaved, skirted, tassel loafers!?  I know how you feel. I was not born southern, as many know, but I went to a southern university and picked up on much of the style of dress there. I only found myself being self-conscious about wearing Southern Trad clothes...
I wonder if one could sue a pimp for damages...    When wearing seersucker I'd tend to side with you. While I like white bucks, I'd prefer a little contrast with something that light and I might go for spectators or a walnut colored shoe. Nothing too dark though (sorry Mitch McConnell). FWIW I think the ones you are wearing are supoib!
Also, this came today...   
Ok, so is Southern Trad just about color? Is it just pastels and team pride? Today I'd like to explore the more tame side of Southern Trad as well as address certain details of culture that define the style. When someone uses the term "Southern Gentleman" what comes to mind?       Alright, Colonel Sanders was actually born in Indiana but he spent most of his life in Kentucky. Samuel Clemens is legit, as we all know. Anyway, I'd imagine that scenes of an elderly man...
I don't think anyone will disagree with your personal preferences. It's personal, after all. I do think it bears mentioning that the loud game day dress is not for every southerner. Just like not everyone dresses to the so called 9s for Derby. It is common enough to be one of the characteristics of southern sartorial culture, I'd say. However, we must be careful not to assume that everyone, or even the majority, dress that way. There are non-Trad football fans all over the...
@blekit, firing on all cylinders. Try a white PS next time and keep it up.
@Count de Monet, excellent examples. I'm not sure about these other schools but at my school the football stadium was a short distance away from campus so our cohorts certainly would walk there and stay dressed as such during the after game festivities! I believe your general point is correct, however. Most of the game day dress is definitely not everyday attire! As @smittycl points out game day dress is far too ostentatious to be a regularly occurring theme in Southern...
Although the two are decidedly NOT equivalent, there may be some interesting things going on if the Southern Trad crew gets involved in this. I may have a day at the track coming up next weekend. If I end up going I might post here just to see how the SoTrad element jives, or does not, with Pitti peacockery.