or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

I don't think so. I think they are just full legged trousers hemmed to a full break.   Edit: Er, meant to say half break.
Coming from CM perhaps I can explain it. This is a pretty classic American Trad/Ivy look. Blazers, light colored trousers, and a button down shirt is pretty standard casual wear (casual because it is not, in fact, a suit but a sport coat and trousers) on the east coast. Maybe I'm telling you stuff you already know. The problem I see is that the proportions aren't very good. The buttoning point is too low, the shoulders too broad, and the jacket may be slightly too long....
I was thinking about something recently. It was sparked by this whole "Go Set A Watchman" debate. Harper Lee was talking about how her father used to be an ardent segregationist and then changed his views late in life. Then I started thinking about how Obama "evolved" his opinion on gay marriage recently. I then started thinking about myself. When I was younger I used to be pretty hardcore against drugs. Now I take more of a libertarian stance and favor the legalization of...
I think you would do well with a higher buttoning point. The lower one really elongates you and makes you look even more bean pole-ish. The jacket isn't too long, but I think a slightly shorter one would look better. I also dislike the tie.
You are so awesome!    http://www.styleforum.net/t/503580/why-dieworkwear-is-awesome
Actually, let me take that back. I asked for thoughts and that's what you gave me. Im sorry for seeming unreceptive. I do like what I'm wearing and "ordinary" is really what I strive to be. I just still want to look good. So thank you for your comments and I will think about them.
Can't please everyone. I think with this fit I'm at the point of just really liking it. It reminds me of my punk days. It's not an exact recreation of it but it reminds me of it. Like an echo or a shadow of former days. There isn't much about it I would change and it makes me happy. Nirvana.
Shoes are plain black boots. Thanks!