or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Completely depends. Some of it does have to do with quality, most has to do with what you are doing to them. Obviously the finer the fabric, the more delicate it tends to be. a $2000 suit can be of the best quality you could want and still not hold up to a beating if the fabric is very fine. On the other hand, there is a reason there are tons of vintage suits still available from the 1940s and 50s. There is no set shelf life for a suit. Again, the less you wear it, the...
Sounds like a rotation problem rather than a quality problem. By your math you are running through 5 suits a year. A 5-7 suit rotation would generally be considered standard for most people who wear them 5 days a week. If you are particularly hard on your suits the best way to get them to last is to wear them less. In other words, have more suits that you rotate through. Maybe 10 is your magic number, maybe more.
Btw, you look good @The Noodles.
One of the strengths of this forum is that it gives people with some experience in the way of men's style an opportunity to help those just starting out. In the best of circumstances it guides newcomers in the right direction based on what they hope to achieve. It also gives the newcomer an opportunity to learn from the mistakes of others and, hopefully, not repeat those mistakes. In the case of @The Noodles I can't help but wonder if he would have been better off just...
I'm not so sure that a lot of people DON'T go for that kind of option. However the appeal of Trad Ivy is simply because it's old. Well, not old per se, but classic. I think Americans do generally opt for more "interesting" choices. I put interesting in quotes because it often turns badly. Then again, simple often turns out badly too, although perhaps not as epically.
 The influence of Trad Ivy I would imagine. 
Wandering around Chicago.
The dudes I used to work with couldn't say PKC. They said BKC instead.
Same.
^^^ Sometimes the clothes.