or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

It's Tuesday face off time! Pliny v. RDiaz this time round. Go vote for your favorite and choose which god, earth or sky, wins this battle!   http://www.styleforum.net/t/368144/tuesday-face-off-pliny-v-rdiaz
It's a Brown v. Blue (Earth v. Sky) face off. Both fits incorporate gray trousers, and warm ties and pocket squares. Which one is executed better? It's a fight to the death between the gods of the earth and sky and only you can decide who is victorious!    Pliny:       RDiaz:  
 I like that kind of incorporation too, but my only problem with clap's fit is that the top is totally cool, the bottom is totally warm. A warmer tie up top would have "tied" (pun) it all together for me.
 I doubt I could even win a challenge named after me. lol
Dark trouser challenge. So much of what people around here do is based off of light trousers, I'd like to see something different. Maybe a requirement that the trousers be darker than the jacket.
 Don't try to create controversy where there is none.
From what I understand, grenadine is made on a Jaquard loom. I don't know if this means that anything that is not made on such a loom is not grenadine, or whether it is used exclusively for it or not. But I think it is a specific kind of weave. Anyone who knows more, please correct anything I may be wrong about.
 Why not sell em? I bet they'd go pretty fast. I'd probably consider one.
 Bingo. Tongue in cheek way of saying it.
 Interesting. I thought that the difference in the scale of the lines more than made up for it. I have a solid donegal jacket about the same shade of brown. Might try it with that next time.