or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

If he hasn't started cutting yet, I would go and get my stuff back, in a tactful way of course.
I've had a little experience with Sacoor. I still have a couple jackets from them in my closet in fact. They are probably similar to Suit Supply, which is not bad. For the price range you seem to be in it might be the best option. Just do NOT get it altered by their in house tailors. I've use the tailor on the bottom floor of the Dubai mall, near the grocery store. I can't remember the name, but you can't miss them.
 Run...
 Great fabric and full canvas construction mean nothing if the fit is bad. Think fit, first.
Brooks Brothers sells a really nice pair. I can't remember who the maker is, though.
Smooth leather is fine with seersucker. I'd prefer to keep it in a lighter color, but southerners typically wear them with darker shoes.
Whether you had any input in the process or not, the tailor should have seen the problems that were about to happen with it. He should have steered you in the right direction and not let you make these mistakes. A good one will be like a good barber, who will adjust to your personal style but still not let you make yourself look like a fool.  Btw, I lived in Dubai. I wouldn't trust 99 out 0f 100 tailors there. Especially not to make a bespoke suit. I simply wouldn't do it...
I'm being perfectly honest with you when I say that you are better off not adjusting any of this, and simply starting over with a different tailor. It is so bad that using this suit as a starting point for anything else will probably result in an expensive and frustrating process that will yield sub standard results. Start over with a different tailor.
Seersucker for the races...   http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/40695#post_8538438