or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Thanks for the advice. I was considering extending the shoulders as well but I wasn't sure.
Hazards of the profession.
 It's all part of the game. Being the bad guy is a lot more fun that being the good guy.
KW Suit arrived yesterday. Initial impressions are that the fit is better than I would have expected for a first try. Still, there are certainly some adjustments that need to be made. The back across the shoulder blades feels a bit tight, I'm guessing that this is causing some pulling at the sleeve head leading to the small divot over the right shoulder. Thinking of extending the shoulder and the upper back next time to alleviate this but I'll have to ask @Kent Wang what...
 lol You were not far from my mind when I wrote that.  Tongue firmly planted in check, bro. On the other hand, not that firmly... 
Well you've got the right color. To me this is another hybrid(ish?) show and is neither very southern nor very trad. If you like them then it doesn't matter, you'll find a way to make them fit in your rotation.As for socks, I don't think it has to be homegrown to be southern. Nearly every item of Ivy clothing originated in England (Northeastern elites having been intense Anglophiles in the first half of the 20th c.). It's safe to say it's a southern thing if you see pink...
If I said yes would you post a pic of yourself wearing a patchwork madras codpiece?
I guess I'll just have to live with that.
 To use this is an example in the current discussion, yes I think they are a southern thing but that must carry the caveat that brightly colored socks of all kinds are somewhat of a trend at the moment. Because of that it becomes difficult to distinguish the southern tradition (which seems to consist mostly of argyle and solids) and the trend (which may consist of stripes or other designs). This goes back to the homogenization of style in America. This doesn't mean that...
 This is true, but that was never the point. The concept is not that Southern Trad is in some way the prevailing style any more that Ivy is the prevailing style in the north. When I go to the northeast I don't see George Plimpton clones, I see the same thing I see everywhere, douchebags in oversized baseball hats, t-shirt, and jeans. Just because that's true doesn't mean that northeastern Ivy isn't a thing. And just because you don't see seas of people dressed in what you...