or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

I consider the symphony to be a much more casual affair. Your opening night might be a black tie affair, but by no means are all of them. For a regular show I usually just throw on an odd jacket and trousers.
Do you mean a world premier? Generally the first running of an opera for the season is not a call for much pomp. Opening night of the season, however, is a social event and often a very formal one.
That's interesting. I think I mean the same thing by exceedingly rare that you are describing here. In other words, there are always a handful of men wearing tuxedos whether it is opening night or not, but out of a crowd of several thousand, that is rare. And on opening night nearly every man is in some manner of black-tie.
 With the exception of opening night, this is exceedingly rare. In a place like Chicago it's usually business attire. That said, opening night is this Saturday, and I will be wearing a tux. I might also add that people in the nose-bleeds dress in all manner of vulgar attire, often playing on their phones or chewing too loudly on some food they aren't allowed to have in their seats. In the Dress Circle, or the boxes (where I sit) it's quite different. People dress a little...
That's completely right.
You animal!
My wife and I wouldn't drink that anyway. It has a high potential to be exploitative toward animals.
Never thought of that.
I knew the plebs couldn't afford it.
I hate to say it, but this is spot on. I always grind my own. But I'd take it a step further. In order to get the best results from grinding your own I suggest finding a supplier for locally roasted beans. Beans that have been roasted and then spent days or weeks lying around, whether in packaging or not, are simply not as good as fresh roasted.