or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

I assume the sales associates are on commission. I have had good success by explaining to the salesperson that I like to browse by myself and that I will absolutely come and find them when I am ready to checkout. Fortunately the last few times I have gone there I have gotten the same guy, and he knows the deal.
@Andy57 thanks mang.   @Roy Al, my favorite from you thus far.
What's the dress code?
That coat, like all coats put out by SS, is far too short to offer much warmth. The buttoning point being that low doesn't help either. My advice is to not buy coats from SS. Find something that is less fashion, and more function.
 Ok, well you seem to be contradicting yourself at this point.
I'm not sure I'd want to hear someone talk about anything for hours. This has become ever more evident to me as I navigate grad school. However, I wouldn't mind talking about for some time. Especially if it is a situation where I want to cultivate relationships and connections. As for how it relates to ties, you seemed to use the cricket example as evidence of the type of thing you try to avoid by not wearing grenadine ties. It seemed a bit odd to me, but I ran with it....
 Couldn't you just use this as a strength? I know nothing about rugby, but I've used that ignorance to start conversations with people by asking questions, relating it to things I know, and trying to engage people on a topic that they like. Couldn't you just as easily apply this logic to your odd reasoning to avoiding grenadine ties?
I don't think I can ever recall seeing someone wearing a grenadine tie in Chicago. This is a relatively fashion conscious city too. But even if they did, it is certainly possible to wear a fashionable item in an unaffected way.