or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

^^^ Jacket length is fine IMO.
Warming up here before another big freeze. Might as well take advantage.        
Welcome, BTW. I love Ivy style too.
There is no such thing as a formal blazer. You are right to be worried about a shine on your jacket, not because it's formal, but because it looks bad (read: cheap). You are also right to be worried about wearing a suit jacket. The reason being that it's a suit jacket. It is always going to look like you are wearing half a suit. Blazers have certain features that signal that it is meant to be an "odd" jacket. Odd meaning that it is meant to be worn with non matching...
 I think you are the only one concerned with comebacks. I'm sorry man, It's time to ignore you. I'm sorry you felt insulted. You should grow a thicker skin. Bye.
 Actually I told him he was wrong.
@Coxsackie, I have a very similar jacket, thanks for the ideas! 
 True, I've never thought it worthwhile to spend alteration money on an OTR shirt, but YMMV.
 I want to be clear about something, anyone is free to give me any manner of criticism they like. @comrade didn't like my vintage store purchase. He's completely wrong, that jacket is awesome, but he is free to make the criticism if he chooses. The reason I keep coming back to this forum is because I know dudes will give me honest feedback. If people only ever told me I looked great I would still be wearing… well, it's all in my What I Am Wearing gallery. The point is we...
The reason nearly everyone buys shirts that don't fit is because mass produced garments are designed to fit the largest number of people possible. That way they can sell as many as possible. Your difficulty in finding shirts that fit is a problem shared by nearly every man on the planet, you just happened to be perceptive enough to know it. The choices are, either get custom shirts made (sometimes more expensive than people are willing to spend) or experiment and look for...