or Connect

Posts by Caustic Man

Definitely not me.
Suit Supply. I'm wearing it here...  
Ferruccio Furlanetto, who was marvelous. He should be, he's done this role many times over.
Opening night for Don Quichotte. R. Culturi pocket square getting it done.  
I guess. It was the only brown knit they had, whatever that one is.
The HY knit. You can see how fine the knit is. Unlike any other I've seen. R Culturi square.  
I've been in that situation before. As I see it you have a couple options.   1. Tell him that your expertise is more geared toward tailored clothing, so you don't think you can provide him with much help when it comes to casual wear. Whether this is true or not, it gets you off the hook and might gently steer him toward something less... Texas?   2. Tell him bluntly that weddings are an opportunity to wear nice clothes, so why not take it? This may or may not change...
Just got the Knottery and Howard Yount knit ties today. I'm surprised how fine the HY is. The knit is incredibly dense and smooth. The Knottery ties are much more open and crunchy. Both tie reasonable knots, probably the best you can hope for with a knit. The Knottery ties are very long, though. Probably not a problem for a guy like @Murlsquirl, but for me the narrow end hangs well past the wide end of the tie. Not sure if this bothers me or not. I'm leaning toward not.
Again, not formal. Perhaps dressy. It's simply a misuse of the word. Business/government environments dress informally by definition.